Discussion Round 17, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure this happened once in the past with Eddie arguing that by beating their opponent they became the higher ranked side, but no, it doesn't work like that.

Still possible that Eddie would bully his way into getting what he wants with a spontaneous best 13 out of 25 coin toss though.
We're getting off-topic but I agree with Ed. If you lose your home QF and then face that opposition again in the GF they should be the home team with all the advantages that come with. Imagine if the GF was played at home grounds and you finished 4th, beat 1st, face them again in the GF and they got the home ground!
As I said though, we digress.

He tried that last year, but slightly differently. He was saying that because they beat the number 1 ranked team (Richmond), they should now be ranked higher than West Coast. Which is just ludicrous.

He tried that last year, but slightly differently. He was saying that because they beat the number 1 ranked team (Richmond), they should now be ranked higher than West Coast. Which is just ludicrous.
Carlton and Gold Coast would love that rule in the regular season for the odd time they win a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back