Preview Round 17 - Sydney vs Bulldogs Fri 8th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop no one as Gould isn’t worthy of a spot. He’s an undersized key position defender not a running defender like fox and Lloyd who won’t get dropped so there’s really no room for him IMO
Why bring logic and reason into the discussion.

I think it's probably telling that every few weeks in these preview threads you can see up to about 10/11 different names pop up as being droppable from various posters. Great teams having great years generally don't have these types of issues. They have "we have to fit Max Gawn back into this lineup soon" type of issues, and "what are we gonna do with Griffin Logue because he can't fit into our impenetrable back line" type issues.

We're not there yet. Hopefully it happens for us in the next year or so.

I think it's probably telling that every few weeks in these preview threads you can see up to about 10/11 different names pop up as being droppable from various posters. Great teams having great years generally don't have these types of issues. They have "we have to fit Max Gawn back into this lineup soon" type of issues, and "what are we gonna do with Griffin Logue because he can't fit into our impenetrable back line" type issues.

We're not there yet. Hopefully it happens for us in the next year or so.
That's the reality of it isn't it?

This season has been a case of, if only we can bridge the gap between our best and our worst, and play consistently over 4 quarters we'd be right up there in premiership calculations. But the fact is, we aren't there yet. And premiership teams don't experience those sorts of issues, so the sings are pretty clear imo. We're still a developing times and will take at least a year or two (possibly more) before we iron out those issues and become a more seasoned and consistent side.

Look at Brisbane for instance, they've been fine tuning for the last 3-4 years and are inching closer to becoming a premiership team, but still haven't been able to get over the hill. We're a fair way off their level atm, in terms of getting the right pieces together and putting in consistent performances.

The way we have been the last few weeks, it would be a danger game for us playing the Yamba under 11's!
They do have a couple of really good in and under mids

I don't know why we don't run a tagger. We concede a few goals from stoppages every match, if we stopped 1-2 of these per game and altered a couple inside 50s for others it'd make a huge difference

We don't have any more midfielders that are too overqualified to be a tagger so the point is moot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden in blue at training , that mean he is dropped correct lol?
I'm not one for jumping on a players back but he needs to be. I reckon he's been gifted his spot & certainly not lived up to holding onto it IMO... Others have better form &/or probably deserve a crack more than him based on what he's put out recently. I thought he played a very poor game v. Essendon but he's not played well for weeks... Go back & put the km's in at 2s & force your way back in Errol. You will & you will be better for it.

No.

He was last seen heading into a Bali pub with caesar88.

Definitely not back this week.

Can confirm. He was disappointed by how quiet Bali has been and how quick and easy it is to get into the various bars & clubs around the place. I guess some people are just fond of lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back