2022 round 17 header.jpg
Happy 50th AFL game Paddy
Happy 150th Swans game Lance

Bloods 8th - Bulldogs 10th

Team Changes:
Bloods:
In:
Joel Amartey,Peter Ladhams
Out: Logan McDonald (Omitted), Ryan Clarke (Medi-Sub), Tom Hickey (Illness)
Emergencies: Ryan Clarke, Logan McDonald,James Bell, Harry Cunningham

Bulldogs
In:
Ed Richards,Mitch Hannan,Tim English
Out: Hayden Crozier (Omitted), Jordon Sweet (Omitted), Robbie McComb (Omitted), Tim O'Brien (Omitted)
Emergencies: Tim O'Brien, Robbie McComb, Luke Cleary, Jordon Sweet

Match Centre:

Broadcast Details:
7, Kayo, Foxtel​

Umpires:
Andrew Stephens (12), Hayden Gavine (14), Brendan Hosking (16)​

Team Stats:
2022 round 17 stats.jpg

Compare the Pair:

Recent encounters:
DateVenueHome v Away Teams
Round 3, 31 Mar 2022Marvel StadiumWestern Bulldogs defeat Sydney by 11 points
Round 17, 11 Jul 2021Marvel StadiumSydney defeat Western Bulldogs 19 points
Round 4, 25 Jun 2020SCGWestern Bulldogs defeat Sydney by 28points

Both team coming off a loss.

Bloods by 21 points

#AFLSwansDogs #ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods

the 2016 grandfinals replay weekend, just watched the storm get pumped by cronulla. hoping not a sign of things to come.

This would be a surprise if we nabbed this one. The Bulldogs just seem to play us well.
It’s a must-win, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough day for the Bullies with Mascot look alike Boris Johnson (who fancied himself as a Churchill) being forced to ignominious resignation. One only hopes Beveridge goes the same route.

The Bulldog is a symbol of English Imperialism and the Empah, Empah. Long may they descend to ignominy.

Tough day for the Bullies with Mascot look alike Boris Johnson (who fancied himself as a Churchill) being forced to ignominious resignation. One only hopes Beveridge goes the same route.

The Bulldog is a symbol of English Imperialism and the Empah, Empah. Long may they descend to ignominy.
There is a reason they were historically called "The Royals" before they became the bulldogs (same theme).

Well I am feeling a bit more optimistic now than the wee hours. Stuey Magee was a N Irishman who was a very clever footballer for us. He wore the Number 6 for us. I never got the full story but I always thought his departure to Footscray was an act of hubris.

Am tempted to tip either them or us by 6 points but instead I am going to select us to win by the magnificent Barry Round Number 25.

Bulldogs are taller, so we win I guess. But then I've tipped the Dogs.

Considering their Biggs, the margin will be 24, I just don't know which way.

Star Wars GIF

I'm anticipating a few things. Firstly, Callum Mills will be and should be very motivated to make up for a rare poor game last week. I'm expecting a big game from him after two quieter games in a row (not a bad game against St.Kilda but not to his usual level). I'm expecting to see him running side by side with Liberatore all night and to give BOG a shake.

Dogs are down on quality small defenders without Daniel and Duryea so I'm predicting a big Papley game. Papley, imo, got unfairly criticised for his last game - he won a stack of ball and was dangerous all day and just didn't finish well. He's been very active the last two weeks and looks to me to be getting back to his best. Anthony Scott played on Charile Cameron last week and got torched so I think that's a potentially very fruitful match-up for us.

Tim English returns and has played very well against us in the past. Could be a big night for Ladhams in a good or bad way.

I want Reid to stay as the 2nd ruck and Amartey to be at FF all game. I really like Amartey's competitiveness and activity. I'd be pushing Bud up the field to take Keath with him and try to get Heeney deep. I don't think the Dogs have a great match-up for Heeney. I'm expecting a good game from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back