Discussion Round 18, 2023: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Adelaide v GWS was a bit clashy last night. GWS should have been in white.
Wasn't a great day for the AFL, the Pies/Freo clash was horrendous as well. Both teams with white numbers.

GWS and Freo should have been in white, or Freo should have brought back the green jumper from 2021.

Wasn't a great day for the AFL, the Pies/Freo clash was horrendous as well. Both teams with white numbers.

GWS and Freo should have been in white, or Freo should have brought back the green jumper from 2021.
GWS need a third jumper for this matchup, again quoting my own work, we should have the NS at home, the current clash as the away and wear a white variation against Hawks, Crows, Lions, Essendon and maybe even Richmond.

North v Hawks, has always puzzled me why Hawthorn sometimes go with white shorts with their brown “clash”/away kit which is dark. And playing against North whose home kit is essentially majority white-based (despite the royal blue home shorts). I’m sure if Hawthorn wore brown shorts the distinction would be fine because of the way white catches the eye. Idk, I just find white shorts strange and unnecessary when it’s vs teams like Geelong and North at home.

Does anyone know why exactly the AFL has gone backwards on their soft policy for guernseys over the past 2 years?

Did it start with North requesting their original home guernsey back and being able to wear it with blue shorts?

It's ridiculous

I have no issue with North wearing royal shorts, but how did Hawthorn end up in white?

Its the same with last night, it would have been 100% fine if Essendon stayed in Black and Geelong used Navy shorts.

Tell me again why Geelong have to wear white shorts in home games but North don't?

According to people on hear Royal Blue on white is totally fine and Navy blue on white causes clashes left right and centre:rolleyes:

GWS need a third jumper for this matchup, again quoting my own work, we should have the NS at home, the current clash as the away and wear a white variation against Hawks, Crows, Lions, Essendon and maybe even Richmond.
GWS in orange would be fine against us and was fine against Essendon earlier this year.

But they definitely need a white option against Adelaide.

I have no issue with North wearing royal shorts, but how did Hawthorn end up in white?

Its the same with last night, it would have been 100% fine if Essendon stayed in Black and Geelong used Navy shorts.
This is why we need some more short colours. Essendon in Home/Red v Cats in Home/Navy would've been amazing

Was the Collingwood v Freo jumper clash raised at all in any of the footy review shows on Monday? I get the impression the AFL just don't care this year...

Was the Collingwood v Freo jumper clash raised at all in any of the footy review shows on Monday? I get the impression the AFL just don't care this year...
Only heard on The Footy with Broden Kelly- "why are they wearing the same clothes?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back