Preview Round 18 - Melbourne Demons vs Brisbane Lions • Friday 14 July 2023 • 7:50 PM • MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Lever also struggles to cover the ground well i reckon. Hipwood absolutely burned him in the semi final in the last quarter.

Lever is a bit of an odd player - awesome at his best when not too accountable and reading the play, especially with an opposition bombing it in. But can be really exposed 1-1 as he is not particularly strong nor quick.

Daniher needs to be on his absolute best behaviour this week - NO mark of the year attempts please, and NO faking in the ruck vs Gawn. Has been mostly awesome this year but does put in the odd shocker still. Thankfully he doesn't seem to do it out of the blocks these days but more ease in to a shocker - not get much of it early or kick goals, slowly gets frustrated, goes for screamers by the third quarter. The GWS game was great because he started doing this then went nah actually i can be better than that.
I wouldn't surprise me if this is something that is accepted/encouraged by the coaching staff. I'm sure our players know when he is going to stay down and setup accordingly.

I wouldn't surprise me if this is something that is accepted/encouraged by the coaching staff. I'm sure our players know when he is going to stay down and setup accordingly.
Could well be right. Although Joe would be hard to pin down sometimes?! I just don't think it will work in way shape or form vs Gawn.

Gunners is going to rip the Demons to shreds. Insert 3kz fortune teller
572bca7c-3b6c-4d60-9b3a-ac5929acca6e.gif
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Yep. Lever also struggles to cover the ground well i reckon. Hipwood absolutely burned him in the semi final in the last quarter.

Lever is a bit of an odd player - awesome at his best when not too accountable and reading the play, especially with an opposition bombing it in. But can be really exposed 1-1 as he is not particularly strong nor quick.
But Lever can DANCE!

With it looking like Grundy will be dropped they will be adding even more run to their side you would think.

Lets hope Gunston and Lyons have got their defence on transition running shoes on tomorrow night.🤞
Grundy has been pretty disappointing this year all things considered. Seems like we're catching the Dees at a decent time where they have some injury and form issues that should work in our favour. Hopefully they keep up their marvelous kicking for goal as well.

Gunston and Lyons are going to get a major challenge this week - I back them both in to perform, in particular Lyons. Whilst I don't think he's quite best 22 having a player of his caliber as a back up for some of our other midfields is a luxury not many teams are afforded.

With it looking like Grundy will be dropped they will be adding even more run to their side you would think.

Lets hope Gunston and Lyons have got their defence on transition running shoes on tomorrow night.🤞
Listening to the commentary earlier in the season would have had you believe the combo of Gawn and Grundy was unstoppable, unprecedented, unfair and would lead Melbourne to the next five premierships.

Grundy has been pretty disappointing this year all things considered. Seems like we're catching the Dees at a decent time where they have some injury and form issues that should work in our favour. Hopefully they keep up their marvelous kicking for goal as well.

Gunston and Lyons are going to get a major challenge this week - I back them both in to perform, in particular Lyons. Whilst I don't think he's quite best 22 having a player of his caliber as a back up for some of our other midfields is a luxury not many teams are afforded.
I actually think Grundy going out makes them a more difficult opponent.

Listening to the commentary earlier in the season would have had you believe the combo of Gawn and Grundy was unstoppable, unprecedented, unfair and would lead Melbourne to the next five premierships.
One of those careful what you wish for moments. All teams are guilty of it going back to Pitura to the Tigers right up to Fev to us and countless others since .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely agree. It slowed them up but didn't add any grunt at stoppages or around the ground. People got sucked in that because Collingwood offered him a truckload off the back of basically a small body of work that he must be good.

I suppose it depends on how they choose to replace him. They seemed very top heavy playing the two rucks. I imagine they'll recall Van Rooyen for this one - provides a greater avenue up forward for them than Grundy.

I suppose it depends on how they choose to replace him. They seemed very top heavy playing the two rucks. I imagine they'll recall Van Rooyen for this one - provides a greater avenue up forward for them than Grundy.
If it's Van Rooyen he is definitely more mobile than Grundy and offers more forward, I have seen a little of JVR and I like what I have seen.

If it's Van Rooyen he is definitely more mobile than Grundy and offers more forward, I have seen a little of JVR and I like what I have seen.
Likewise - he looks like he has the tools to be a good player at the level. If he does play I'd imagine Froggy would get the job on him which seems like a favourable match up for us given the form he's in currently

This place is about to go NUCLEAR

I've been going backwards and forwards in my head about it all week. I like keeping fletcher in but I think I'd have dropped him ahead of Dev.

JL could also have been dropped but would have left us a mid short, and Dev hasn't really played that role outside of the last quarter against Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back