Preview Round 19, 2018: Hawks v Freo, changes and stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So H gets a rest.
Why is Duryea even considered as an emergency ffs? Is it because he gives good hair cuts and presents a show on HawkTV?.
Stop being so bloody hysterical.

The Duryea hatred is at hysterical levels. Has done the job in big games, always gives it his all. Yes he has deficiencies and his clangers tend to happen at the worst possible moments - but he absolutely puts in when selected. Does not deserve the vitriol.

The Duryea hatred is at hysterical levels. Has done the job in big games, always gives it his all. Yes he has deficiencies and his clangers tend to happen at the worst possible moments - but he absolutely puts in when selected. Does not deserve the vitriol.
Yet JOR is the next Tom Mitchell.

Weird bunch

Yet JOR is the next Tom Mitchell.

Weird bunch

Don't forget Lovell can barely muster a dozen touches in the VFL but should be getting senior games.

But don't you DARE pick a guy who has stood up when it matters.

I think Morrison has just been omitted. He clearly has the makings of a good career ahead of him, but he isn't a lock at this stage in his career. His form has been OK at best and both Worpel and O'Rourke on last weeks form are more deserving the Harry's past six weeks have been.

If he was rested I doubt he would be named as an emergency.

Anyhow, little nervous by this game. Tough trip, but I think we should get the job done and roll into an absolute cracker at the G next weekend - fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on! Has his moments, good and bad, but never leaves any effort spare in the tank.

I think Morrison has just been omitted. He clearly has the makings of a good career ahead of him, but he isn't a lock at this stage in his career. His form has been OK at best and both Worpel and O'Rourke on last weeks form are more deserving the Harry's past six weeks have been.

If he was rested I doubt he would be named as an emergency.

Anyhow, little nervous by this game. Tough trip, but I think we should get the job done and roll into an absolute cracker at the G next weekend - fingers crossed.

Completely agree. Harry is going to be a long term player for the club but apart from his 2nd half against the Bulldogs where he sat on JJ, he has been very average for a good 6 or 7 weeks. Playing mainly outside, you need to be getting more than 13 or 14 touches unless you are Cyril or even Impey.

Some tell Brand to be less man conscious and back his ability to read the flight of the ball, the number of needless free kicks he gives away is astounding.

On the whole, no issues with selection

Last edited:
Correct. Doc was Bog in the preliminary final against the dockers in 2015 in the game of his life, if not for his efforts that night there would have been no 3 peat. He plays ahead of O’Rourke imo.

13-9 with our % is pretty much assured of getting us a finals spot the way things are shaping up, lose on Sunday to Freo and 13 wins is beyond us.

That sounds like the Langford defence to be honest.

I guess people are just looking forward, and prefer to see games into guys like Morrison, Worpel, cousins etc that into dureya who has been pretty poor for a while.

I'd have preferred him at box hill than as a travelling emergency to find touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back