Autopsy Round 19, 2019: Hawks lose to Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously I hope that Saturday was the last time we see both Big Boy and Cegs in the same 22, both are useless as **** on a bull in the forward line.

Those were both poor passages. The Howe one I clearly remember and hurt badly.

It wasn't however anywhere near a 5 goal breeze IMO. There may have been some wind advantage but the ball moved reasonably well both ways most of the day. Goal or 2 at best.

I noted the commetatrs discussing how strong it was while we were getting a look on TV at a set of reasonably limp flags

Those were both poor passages. The Howe one I clearly remember and hurt badly.

It wasn't however anywhere near a 5 goal breeze IMO. There may have been some wind advantage but the ball moved reasonably well both ways most of the day. Goal or 2 at best.

Yep, 1-2 goals maybe, but not 5. You could tell the ball was being held up when kicking to the Northern end, so it was affecting things, but so long as you kept it lower you could get reasonable penetration with kicks.

Even at 22 points down at 3 quarter time kicking into the wind, I felt that if we could actually take our chances we were still alive. Wasn't to be though obviously.

Not sure if you can still wear screw in stops, but if you can our boys are slow freakin learners. Every game I have been to up there this year players continually lose their feet. Get the long stops in boys, it's a lush playing field!!

Still annoyed at that Brisbane Lions peanut that sat behind us. Gotta move on from the idiot!

AFLCA votes:

9 - Mitch Robinson (BL)
7 - Ben McEvoy (HAW)
5 - James Worpel (HAW)
5 - Lachie Neale (BL)
2 - Dayne Zorko (BL)
1 - Noah Answerth (BL)
1 - Jaeger O'Meara (HAW)

AFLCA votes:

9 - Mitch Robinson (BL)
7 - Ben McEvoy (HAW)
5 - James Worpel (HAW)
5 - Lachie Neale (BL)
2 - Dayne Zorko (BL)
1 - Noah Answerth (BL)
1 - Jaeger O'Meara (HAW)

Zorko should have been able to get all 10 votes on Saturday as no-one went near him all day. Personally hated his game, but he racked them up because he continually ran away from the contest to the most open part of the ground.

Was also surprised at Lachie Neale's stats when I looked yesterday, but he had a lot of handballs that we clearly missed in and around the contest on the other side of the ground. Probably not a bad mix in terms of who we thought were good on the day though.

As an aside - though Lewis was dumb to do what he did, I thought that reversal was harsh, as there was a later game and the exact same thing had happened with no reversal. Lack of consistency is very frustrating.
Was dumb, but a bit of a tall poppy call/ reality checker from the umpire to pay that . Was a non factor from that moment on

Seriously I hope that Saturday was the last time we see both Big Boy and Cegs in the same 22, both are useless as **** on a bull in the forward line.

I disagree. They're both actually amongst the best in the competition for settling forward as a ruck to exploit mismatches. The only issue is, having both of them means one settles forward too often and when McEvoy spreads forward from the ruck it just gunks up the works.

Can't underestimate the ability to spread the defense that Tim brought up forward, Ceglar can't do that. He's too slow, and his craft as a permanent forward isn't great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back