AFL Autopsy Round 19 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just me, but we were more deserving of that win.

3 or 4 crucial umpiring decision that all went Adelaide's way incorrectly at either end of the ground cost us, and being two men short didn't help.

Bullshit.

The umpires don't cost you the game when you blow a 30 point lead or whatever the hell it was in the third.

They do when it's a blatant free right in front with 20 seconds to go.

This is just me, but we were more deserving of that win.

3 or 4 crucial umpiring decision that all went Adelaide's way incorrectly at either end of the ground cost us, and being two men short didn't help.

Bullshit.
Yep

Yeah I made a promise not to whinge about umpiring all year and this is the karma I get? I'm not gonna cave now, but if I did, I might hypothetically suggest that we was robbed right in front of me. ******* pathetic umpiring.

God damnit.

Oh well, season was shot anyway. Was a gutting loss but as of this moment The Weapon is in my sights. If this happens next season I want his blood, and his families.

Where was the heart we showed tonight in the last couple of weeks.

Today proved that we have it within ourselves to be a good football team. Need to want it much more.

Big week next week against Norf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely gutted!!!!

Geez I'm proud of the boys today!!! We should have won, had all the play in the last qtr!!

Farken umpires, what a disgraceful performance, right from their first decision to their last, absolutely disgraceful....if I hear Gieschen come out during the week and justify their performance I will lose it!!!

That **** umpiring could end up being what costs us top 8.
Nothing will cost us a top 8 finish but ourselves.

Chin up fellas, it was an awesome performance under such adversity.

turned the ball over 3 times from the goal line. 3 times they goaled

we really didn't look like taking a mark in the forward line during the last quarter. to an extent, that's due to loose players + holding and grabbing of our forwards and all the usual stuff, but it's because that's not hurley's game. you can't expect him to take marks unless he gets time to totally work over his opponent. it seemed we were going to hurley almost all the time, but we needed to be going for gumby. i'm not sure if we were just choosing not to, or the crows id'd that and had gumby well checked or what, but it was annoying as heck to see time and time again the rush kick going to hurley. him taking that mark isn't something you can expect. you're better off sending a ground ball and hoping hurley beats his man that way

Not sure how to feel about that, proud as punch of how we played(other than the 20 mins of the third) especially with the numbers we had out before and during the game, but totaly deflated we lost.
So much better than the last few weeks and hopefully the next few we build on this performance, and get the win or two needed for finals.
With the season we have had i think it is the least the club deserves.

Well, I'm happy with that. ******* gutted, but happy that we turned up this week.

Should have won it... and would have if it wasn't for the 3rd qtr, and the umpires.

I'm still wondering how that wasn't a free kick to Dempsey, and why defenders are seemingly allowed to arse rape Michael Hurley in every single marking contest.

Watson and Dempsey were huge.

Liking the look of Browne.

turned the ball over 3 times from the goal line. 3 times they goaled

we really didn't look like taking a mark in the forward line during the last quarter. to an extent, that's due to loose players + holding and grabbing of our forwards and all the usual stuff, but it's because that's not hurley's game. you can't expect him to take marks unless he gets time to totally work over his opponent. it seemed we were going to hurley almost all the time, but we needed to be going for gumby. i'm not sure if we were just choosing not to, or the crows id'd that and had gumby well checked or what, but it was annoying as **** to see time and time again the rush kick going to hurley. him taking that mark isn't something you can expect. you're better off sending a ground ball and hoping hurley beats his man that way

aside from that though, there's not too much that annoyed me. Similar to the above, there was a bit of longing for Hurley to be on Walker in the last, and Heppell got left on Dangerfield too long, but overall, I liked how we played. losing Winderlich just about nailed us

Melksham doesnt get an obvious free kick that leads to a goal, cant remember who it was but someone should of been pinged leads to the goal that wins the game, hurley doesnt get a BLATANTLY obviously free kick which may have won us the game. I'm not a flog who whinges about umpires every week but that is just fookin bs, pears should have taken that mark

I NEVER compain about umpires in relation to Essendon, but Hurley is one of those players in the league that wouldn't get a free kick unless his head was literally taken off. He gets such harsh treatment every week and gets no reward for it. This has been happening all year.

He needs to die his hair black and call himself "Drew", it's the only way he'll get the free kicks he deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back