Thursday, March 28
Richmond v Collingwood (MCG) (N)

Friday, March 29
Sydney v Adelaide (SCG) (N)

Saturday, March 30
Essendon v St Kilda (MRVL) (T)
Port Adelaide v Carlton (AO) (T)
Geelong v Melbourne (GMHBA) (N)
West Coast v Greater Western Sydney (OS) (N)

Sunday, March 31
North Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (MRVL)
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs (MCG)
Gold Coast v Fremantle (MS) (T)

Fairly stock-standard week, Collingwood, St Kilda and GWS will wear their clash, Brisbane in their Victoria jumper

The big news though is the highly likely debut of the never-before-seen Carlton white clash. Will we see a real Photoshop this week, maybe one in the flesh? Or will the 'wolf grey' make another appearance in the hope everyone forgot about the new white clash?

Another no-clash clash on Thursday night? Last year they got it right from memory.
Adelaide in one of two away games where they wear home kit.
Would love to see Bulldogs in all-royal as a matter of principle but dig the white shorts with royal jumper.

Collingwood wore white in the prelim and will do again for sure.

Fremantle could go either way I think. Have worn white in the past but surely would have the option for full purple.

If North still had the white three stripe top and really wanted to pair it with blue shorts now would be the time (as Brisbane dont have red shorts with their fitzroy top).

Fremantle could go either way I think. Have worn white in the past but surely would have the option for full purple./QUOTE]
Freo always wear full white away except against Geelong and Sydney so I'll be very surprised if it's purple. Would look mint though.

AFL-
Richmond HOME/BLACK v Collingwood CLASH/WHITE
Sydney HOME/RED v Adelaide HOME/NAVY
Essendon HOME/BLACK v St Kilda CLASH/WHITE
Port Adelaide HOME/BLACK v Carlton CLASH/WHITE
Geelong HOME/WHITE v Melbourne HOME/NAVY
West Coast HOME/ROYAL v Greater Western Sydney CLASH/WHITE
North Melbourne HOME/ROYAL v Brisbane Lions AWAY/WHITE
Hawthorn HOME/BROWN v Western Bulldogs HOME/WHITE
Gold Coast HOME/RED v Fremantle CLASH/WHITE
AFLW-
Adelaide HOME/NAVY v Carlton CLASH/WHITE

Will GWS wear home or clash? It's the first game where they have played West Coast away where West Coast will be in royal wings (last season's game was indigenous round, or at least, WC were wearing their indigenous guernsey).

Will GWS wear home or clash? It's the first game where they have played West Coast away where West Coast will be in royal wings (last season's game was indigenous round, or at least, WC were wearing their indigenous guernsey).
What do GWS wear away to WB? That'd be a good guide at least.

Going off the standard AFL rules and what seems most appropriate, I'd say they'll be wearing the clash. Royal vs Orange/Charcoal would be pretty messy, Royal vs White would be much cleaner

Going off the standard AFL rules and what seems most appropriate, I'd say they'll be wearing the clash. Royal vs Orange/Charcoal would be pretty messy, Royal vs White would be much cleaner
I suspect it will be the clash too. However WC wear royal when playing away to GWS so is this one of those ones where the club (GWS) chooses to wear its clash?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect it will be the clash too. However WC wear royal when playing away to GWS so is this one of those ones where the club (GWS) chooses to wear its clash?

I don't think GWS are totally against wearing their clash like some clubs are/were. If they're happy to wear their clash, then they'll wear the clash. The AFL won't stand in their way to force them to wear their home jumper

West Coast most likely wear royal away to GWS because the gold jumper will clash more with the orange than the royal will

Do we see the Carlton clash for this one? Despite there being no indication on when it'll be worn... Hmm.

Going by both Port and Carlton wearing their clash jumpers against one another when they're the away team in the past few years then yes, it'll be interesting to see them in real life

Eags Royal vs giants home is fine.

Another no-clash clash on Thursday night? Last year they got it right from memory.
Adelaide in one of two away games where they wear home kit.
Would love to see Bulldogs in all-royal as a matter of principle but dig the white shorts with royal jumper.
Pies have worn white in their last 3 away games against us IIRC, I don’t expect this week to be any different.

AFL-
Richmond HOME/BLACK v Collingwood CLASH/WHITE
Sydney HOME/RED v Adelaide HOME/NAVY
Essendon HOME/BLACK v St Kilda CLASH/WHITE
Port Adelaide HOME/BLACK v Carlton CLASH/WHITE
Geelong HOME/WHITE v Melbourne HOME/NAVY
West Coast HOME/ROYAL v Greater Western Sydney CLASH/WHITE
North Melbourne HOME/ROYAL v Brisbane Lions AWAY/WHITE
Hawthorn HOME/BROWN v Western Bulldogs HOME/WHITE
Gold Coast HOME/RED v Fremantle CLASH/WHITE
AFLW-
Adelaide HOME/NAVY v Carlton CLASH/WHITE
Don't spoil it!

They played us in Indigenous round in 2017, wore a white based design against our royal design. That'd be the best reference point I imagine.

I'm fairly certain GWS have always worn white away to us, even when we were in the tripe.

They played us in Indigenous round in 2017, wore a white based design against our royal design. That'd be the best reference point I imagine.

I'm fairly certain GWS have always worn white away to us, even when we were in the tripe.
In the tripe anel there was gold vs orange to clash-remove.

Do Carlton still use grey shorts for clash? It would be horrendous if they had a white jumper and grey shorts.

They ditched the grey shorts half way through last year and got unbranded white shorts from CGR to use for away games with the home jumper. Think they still used the grey shorts with the grey jumper though. Given they've ditched the grey jumper for white, I can't see them still using grey shorts this year.

Collingwood in clash as we all expected. I'm no fan of Collingwood, but anyone who ever has a go at them for "not having a clash jumper" can get absolutely stuffed. They're the only one of the "big 4" who actually do the right thing in away games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back