Game Day Round 2 - Greater Western Sydney Giants v The Greatest West-of-Sydney giants | Sat Mar 30, 2019 5.10PM AWST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to this and really keen to see how we respond to last weeks poor performance. I have said before that being able to stand up and try and climb the mountain again after doing it the previous year is a test of character. This weekend should provide some answers to our intent for the season.
I reckon we will put on a good show and be very disappointed if we don't.
Eagles by 24

No Greene, Kelly and Ward. We are going in with 10 defenders. No expectation of winning this one.
Gee forgot about Ward missing.

3 bonafide A graders there, away from home as well.

You’ll fight it out no doubt, I’m confident we can break away late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee forgot about Ward missing.

3 bonafide A graders there, away from home as well.

You’ll fight it out no doubt, I’m confident we can break away late.
I'm curious to see which way the unfurling of the flag goes. It could lift your guys or distract I think. At least there wont be many opposition supporters to get in your way. I hope you enjoy the moment anyway it was hard earned and deserved by your team.

Expect our midfield to be very different from any you've seen. It clicked against the Bombers with De Boer moved there to lead the youngsters and run with Shiel. Takes Shuey today maybe. Big challenge tonight.

Coniglio will probably spend a lot of time at full forward particularly if someone like Hutchings tags him.

We are heavy on backs at first glance. I think it's deliberate to apply pressure on your transition from defence. In my view we can't stop your backs turning the ball over a lot, we have to be bold entering the forward 50 to kick a winning score.

What we couidn't do last year was force a contest between the arcs and interrupt your transition there. Whether we can this year remains to be seen. I did notice the Lions seemed to force the long kick to a contest in the wing a fair bit, and I think that's what we'll be trying to do better this time.

I believe you are rightful favourites but honestly a bit short at $1.45 with the bookies.

Last edited:
It's anyone's guess this game, lots of unknowns from Giants midfield and defensive stack, to which Eagles will rock up tonight?
I doubt WC will be distracted by the flag business, they know they could be 0-2 facing Pies next week at MCG. They'll be after some redemption for the Lions debacle and some pride for Hurn, JK and Masten's milestones. Doesn't guarantee a win, however.
Can our midfield rise to the occasion, will our forwards click with JK back and the Giants defensive pressure, will Oscar get off the leash? Will Masten have a blinder or a clanger?
Will Sheed DOMinate? Will our rucks stand up? What WILL SMITH bring?
.....................................................................and why is Ahchee listed last in emergencies?
A long day awaits.........:drunk:

Last edited:
Yeah $1.45 is a bit generous. What’s the weather like this evening?
Slightly better than Brisbane!
Tonite about 24 degrees, mostly clear, 5% chance of rain, humidity 36%, wind 15kmh e/se.

Last edited:
Not confident with this game (based mostly on last week), no idea how long it will take this team to blow the cobwebs off.

I hope we put up a fight in the middle, I have no queries over JK and Darling's ability to do enough, just need the right delivery.

I hope Smith has a good day by foot and Venables makes some sort of statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back