Autopsy Round 20, 2023: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Afl GIF by St Kilda Football Club

Brad Crouch

32 disposals
3 goals
13 contested possessions
8 clearances

I want to say this was his best game for the club, it’s a testament to him though that I’m not sure, he’s been a great get.

Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera:

33 disposals
1 goal
9 marks
408 metres gained

20 years old and this is becoming his regular output, deserves much more hype.

——

• Butler with 4 goals and a heap of pressure.
  • Hammer, Higgins and Sharman with 2 snags each. Kicked 120 points with no King, Membrey or Hayes.
  • Sinclair immaculate despite the hard early tag, broke lines.
  • Marshall very solid in the ruck and third highest rated player on the ground.
  • Steele back to some consistency, 11 tackles, 21 touches.
  • Wilkie with a quiet 15 marks down back (game high).
  • Don’t want to loose Clark, will be the difference if we lift as a team in the coming years.
  • Mason Wood is a very very important player for us, excellent wingers game, especially on the defensive end.

Lastly, shoutout to the cheer squad, did well for an away game (at marvel lol), heard the club/saints tv was giving away tickets for those who could bring their voice and it was pretty loud on the tv, awesome effort.

Saw some footy that won't lead to an embarrassment in a finals scenario if we manage to make it. Can say it was only the hawks but it's more that they went about it the right way in the first and final quarters. Huge month incoming, anything close to that third quarter performance next week and will be humiliated, play like the first quarter and cover yourself in glory. We are an odd bunch.

Didn't want to say before the game, but it was obvious the footy public was on the Hawks pre game as an underdog. Yet the saints price came in. Sharps were on the money. Only thing that made me a little confident.

Crouch massive. Sharman was great on Sicily. Someone said hamstring? What's the go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear what Carlton do to us with us missing Howard down back.
He is only average but is so important to the structure.
Yes brain fades etc, but we have nobody else and he adds a lot to the backline.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hasn’t Wilkie had the Curnow job the last few times?

Good win. Hawks just go and go and go at you all day like a little chihuahua.

Annoyed as * that as soon as we get a few back. We lose another 2 to injury.

Nas is a star.

The extra tall just makes us look so much better structurally
Extra tall forward you mean?

Cos apart from Webster getting a bath from Breust, our backline looked a lot more dynamic and attacking

I fear what Carlton do to us with us missing Howard down back.
He is only average but is so important to the structure.
Yes brain fades etc, but we have nobody else and he adds a lot to the backline.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You'd think Cordy goes back to play on TDK if Max is back. Wilkie to Curnow.

Wonder if that’s part of the new game plan. Spend a bit of petrol to Take
The rail run first quarter. Race with cover second and third. Peel out under the whip in the fourth and smash it down the home stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back