Game Day Round 20, 2023: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
e12b07T.png

Don't fn kick it to Scicily.

Hope Steele hits some form and Windhager, Philipou, Wanganeen Milera, Owens, Sharman (yep I rate him) and even Billings all have cracking games.

Huuuuuge game - take the game on Saints, get the footy and use it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd ******* hope so. 6th versus 16th should be a walk over. "Should be" is rarely a thing with us though.

I don't think ladder positions mean anything, not too many pundits would disagree we are playing like a bottom four side.

The Hawks will be supremely confident off the back of how they were able to win the last time we played which was really taking the game off us increcibly easily in the final 5 minutes of the game.

They match up much better structurally and they will look at our inexperience especially in the forward line and feel they have us covered.

I don't think ladder positions mean anything, not too many pundits would disagree we are playing like a bottom four side.

The Hawks will be supremely confident off the back of how they were able to win the last time we played which was really taking the game off us increcibly easily in the final 5 minutes of the game.

They match up much better structurally and they will look at our inexperience especially in the forward line and feel they have us covered.
Definitely playing like a bottom 4 side, but we aren't.

Need to stop taking the piss and find the form we were in in the early part of year. We don't have a premiership list but we are better than the s**t we have been dishing up IMO. Time for the coaches to start earning their keep and show where the improvement is.

To pick up on the closed thread from yesterday, Bergholt’s slash and burn and the response that we would become Norf. I think that’s nearly the point, especially if they get 3 top 10 picks plus all the rest they have. They might be awful now, but if that happens the AFL will just be creating the next Melbourne list. There would be more flag hope than doing what we’ve been doing for a decade. I know people don’t want that, but I come out firmly on the wanting a Flag side. I ain’t getting any younger and we slash and burn decades for fun 😂

Definitely playing like a bottom 4 side, but we aren't.

Need to stop taking the piss and find the form we were in in the early part of year. We don't have a premiership list but we are better than the s**t we have been dishing up IMO. Time for the coaches to start earning their keep and show where the improvement is.

We have too many players in the fringe category who refuse to take the next step, players like Stocker, Billings, Byrnes and Sharman are playing for their careers today.

Why’s that?
Because we'd be paying out a player fully and it will still come straight out of the cap. There's no upside to that, it's not like we are desperate for list spots right now.

The only player I can remember us doing that to in recent history is Robbie Young, who was one year into his draftee contract so in very little money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back