Autopsy Round 20, 2023: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching it again, it’s open hand and Sicily was restraining him.

We might challenge it. If it’s open hand it’s the same as Rioli except that Ruolis was 90m off the ball.

You know there's a disconnect when no one else is whinging about it on BF.

I'd have fined him as careless, low, high = fine, seemed a slam dunk.

You know there's a disconnect when no one else is whinging about it on BF.

I'd have fined him as careless, low, high = fine, seemed a slam dunk.
I bang on about the mro way more than I should and frankly this is one of the first outcomes in a while that makes sense if you purely compare it to Rioli.

No doubt there would be 100 other examples from this season that didn’t get suspended as well so 🤷🏼‍♂️

So how did the HFC rate Sharman's game on Sicily?

Saints, Sharman work hard to quieten Sicily
James Sicily produced an enormous performance when the Hawks shocked the Saints in round 11. But St Kilda worked hard to quell the Hawthorn captain's influence this time around and it worked, with Cooper Sharman doing most of the hard work, especially in the first quarter as the Saints ran rampant. Sicily finished with 26 disposals and seven marks plus eight intercept possessions, but his influence was lessened.

This whole stupid back and forth started because I laughed at us going after plonkers like Tarryn Thomas and Tom Jonas

I'm sorry :(
Yeah, you should be.
You guys have been more argumentative than Plugger was…😉

So how did the HFC rate Sharman's game on Sicily?

Saints, Sharman work hard to quieten Sicily
James Sicily produced an enormous performance when the Hawks shocked the Saints in round 11. But St Kilda worked hard to quell the Hawthorn captain's influence this time around and it worked, with Cooper Sharman doing most of the hard work, especially in the first quarter as the Saints ran rampant. Sicily finished with 26 disposals and seven marks plus eight intercept possessions, but his influence was lessened.

his opponent finished with 26 disposals and seven marks plus eight intercept possessions which is above his career average, but his influence was lessoned with comparison to the 43 stats he picked up when we last played.

I bang on about the mro way more than I should and frankly this is one of the first outcomes in a while that makes sense if you purely compare it to Rioli.

No doubt there would be 100 other examples from this season that didn’t get suspended as well so 🤷🏼‍♂️

I read most transcripts of such as it gives context to how they get there, and it's just made me think the system is broken just because the people involved in it straight don't comprehend physics, or deal with facts, like they legit expect the impossible for people to do as if it's normal and understandable. The Books are actually great, easily referenced, things to point to, examples given, references, it's not at all like the actual laws of the game and comprehensive. But the people, I struggle to comprehend how they are employed in such, legit.

Like some think it's a piss take I state the AFL rep no u's, and if you actually watch it and sit there and listen, that's literally all they do, wait for the club rep to state things stand up and "no, you're wrong, lookit Chewbacca on Endor" and sit back down. It's madness that this is weekly and no one gives a s**t at AFL house. 2 hours almost of I wish they pay you to sit there, I really do, as hell, I got to nap during jury duty why not during MRO?

For me, MC just hasn't transited to what he thought as a player and what he thinks as an admin of a section of it in back house.

Caminiti with another 10kg of muscles, and his tendency to take no :poo: from defenders makes me worry a little that he'll skip right past Petrie and into big bad Barry Hall territory ...

... "When all you have is rage, every defender looks like Brent Staker"

As an aside, I think I called Caminiti taking a swing at Sicily in the preview thread ...

I thought it was a bit ironic that that was exactly the s**t that Sicily used to do when he was that age and playing forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t look like much in it but still, didn’t Anthony learn the first time? How many lessons does one need?
Assuming he’s out, I just hope this doesn’t cost us on Sunday as I would have had him in ahead of Cordy.

I don't know if this is an actual thing but aboriginal guys seem over represented in tribunal decisions that don't get overturned.

I read most transcripts of such as it gives context to how they get there, and it's just made me think the system is broken just because the people involved in it straight don't comprehend physics, or deal with facts, like they legit expect the impossible for people to do as if it's normal and understandable. The Books are actually great, easily referenced, things to point to, examples given, references, it's not at all like the actual laws of the game and comprehensive. But the people, I struggle to comprehend how they are employed in such, legit.

Like some think it's a piss take I state the AFL rep no u's, and if you actually watch it and sit there and listen, that's literally all they do, wait for the club rep to state things stand up and "no, you're wrong, lookit Chewbacca on Endor" and sit back down. It's madness that this is weekly and no one gives a s**t at AFL house. 2 hours almost of I wish they pay you to sit there, I really do, as hell, I got to nap during jury duty why not during MRO?

For me, MC just hasn't transited to what he thought as a player and what he thinks as an admin of a section of it in back house.
Yeh well said. I ocassionally read the transcripts of the tribunal and ultimately the outcomes are always “defensible” much like shitty umpiring decisions they’ve made it all legalese and covered liability but there’s no eye tests.

The always used to have simple rules
  • bump and KO you’re suspended
  • punch off the ball and you’re suspended

Then they started making exceptions and now it’s a complete ******* mess.

Saints glasses off, Caminiti getting 1 makes sense to me and I rarely say that about the MRO.

Currently…

Every side we have beaten is beneath us on the ladder.

We have lost to the top 4 sides. But been in each game with a chance of winning it half way through the last quarter.

Based on that, we aren’t over performing. We are exactly where we should be.
That's true, but it's amusing that had we lost to the Hawks, your statement would not be true :)

his opponent finished with 26 disposals and seven marks plus eight intercept possessions which is above his career average, but his influence was lessoned with comparison to the 43 stats he picked up when we last played.
Broken GIF

we scored from almost every entry in the 1st quarter, most of those came from kicks to a pack, packs which sicily was present in. It could be argued that his inability to impact a single one of those contests was one of the the main reasons they lost the game. That's his role, he failed spectacularly in it, we kicked 9 straight in the first quarter. If that was wilkie we'd all be pissed. If it was howard... I shudder to think

we scored from almost every entry in the 1st quarter, most of those came from kicks to a pack, packs which sicily was present in. It could be argued that his inability to impact a single one of those contests was one of the the main reasons they lost the game. That's his role, he failed spectacularly in it, we kicked 9 straight in the first quarter. If that was wilkie we'd all be pissed. If it was howard... I shudder to think
Sharman also managed to kick 2 on him as a negating forward.

I seem to recall Geary doing that against… maybe Daniel? A few years back and we all frothed it.

Yes 22 intercept possessions down to only 8. I wish we could do that every game against the oppositions key interceptors who seem to often wrack up high intercept numbers against us.

Yes 22 intercept possessions down to only 8. I wish we could do that every game against the oppositions key interceptors who seem to often wrack up high intercept numbers against us.

Yeah 22 down to 8 is impressive but wasn’t 22 a league record? Who played on Sicily in that game?

For perspective what is the average intercept possessions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back