Autopsy Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Without looking at the stats or watching the replay I thought dunstan had some terrific moments. I think he's going to be a decent inside mid. Not a star. But decent. Every side needs them!

Unrewarded by the umpires on at least four occasions, being held etc. thought he had a good game.

Cop that you cheating campaigner umpires. Eleni is consistently awful, under no circumstance should she be umpiring at AFL level in 2020.
Thats way too harsh, Eleni is just as good as any of the male Umpire. Sure that's not a high bar to achieve but she does meet the standard of her colleagues. ;)

She wasn't even the worst offender today.

Great game. See ya next year Ross Lyin, and stuff ya!

Highlights for me was the guys getting around Hanners for his first goal, team spirit. Guys getting around Stevens for his mark and great balk and delivery to set up a goal opportunity, more team spirit. Hind delivers to Bruce for a clutch goal which he nails-awesome.

Highlight/lowlife: Watching Ross spit the dummy HAha!

Lowlight: Umpire made a cow of a decision a few times. Mooooo

Thats way too harsh, Eleni is just as good as any of the male Umpire. Sure that's not a high bar to achieve but she does meet the standard of her colleagues. ;)

She wasn't even the worst offender today.
I have nothing against umpires ever but if she was male she would umpiring my mum and dad in bed and still get it wrong. I will give her credit though. Even though she got a high call wrong in the last she said to the other umpire stuff you I’m in charge. Pity the decision was wrong but great courage.

I think that was nearly our best win in a long time. We still had a number of players who are in that 0-30 bracket and as a team they haven’t played much together.

Coupled with hanners Steven and Carlisle are nowhere near match fit it’s really exciting.

One more key forward and another couple
Of midfielders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy is pretty amazing. Can be frustrated out of your brain for two hours and turn to elation with one kick. Stoked to get that win.

I honestly thought Clark was just about our best. So clean. Makes things happen. I’m so confident when he gets the ball that something good will happen. He is playing at A grade level as a half back at the moment.

Was a pleasure to see Steven doing his thing. What a gun. Hope he stays but will enjoy every minute we do see of him in the red white and black.

Hanners class. Savage just about played his best game for the club I reckon. Marshall is our most important player easily.

Carlisle was pretty ordinary for three qtrs but stood up with a massive last qtr.

Plenty of negatives as well but that’s for another day. For now happy to enjoy a win.

Seb probably our best but he ran close.

I learnt one thing today. Talk jack into staying. Please
Tend to agree. I thought he looked a absolutely cooked last week.

He proved me wrong.

With a solid pre season he could be back to his best.

He could have nailed the game with that 2nd snap.

Happy we won.

Happy for 3 & 10.

Thrilled with 11.

40 must be persisted with.

44 super reliable.

Apart from.being close all day, the game was about as much fun to watch as putting sand under my eyelids.

Thought we were gone when they got out to 9, but credit to the boys for grinding it out.
= 108.

In other terms, 10+8=18.

My god, we’re getting Wayne Carey.

Happy we won.

Happy for 3 & 10.

Thrilled with 11.

40 must be persisted with.

44 super reliable.

Apart from.being close all day, the game was about as much fun to watch as putting sand under my eyelids.

Thought we were gone when they got out to 9, but credit to the boys for grinding it out.

Pretty much my summation of it as well, 1st was decent, flow of game was rather shizen, a lot of things that coulda shoulda woulda didn't eventuate, middled a bit and we ended right side up to yay?

I'd just love it if sides didn't get a sniff in by a free kick 30 out from a player launching from a canon. Not discounting skillness of Walt, but could probably get a job at Disney.

Great to see the boys smiling though, Stuv and Hanners in post looking a bit relieved and just happy to be there.

I have nothing against umpires ever but if she was male she would umpiring my mum and dad in bed and still get it wrong. I will give her credit though. Even though she got a high call wrong in the last she said to the other umpire stuff you I’m in charge. Pity the decision was wrong but great courage.
There's just no substitute for courage.
Except competence.

PC gender politics is obviously top of the tree though, so none of the above really..

Today’s game from Battle is one of those defining ones. Gets his beak bent, comes back on, absolutely wills himself to the contest with no regard for his safety. Takes the match saving grab. He’ll look back on that as the moment he made it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back