Preview Round 23 - Lions v Demons 7:50pm at the 'Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Picket's goal last week there was a fair bit of discussion about how when BBrown plays, Picket and Spargo's goal scoring doubles (Gawn has mentioned this somewhere). Apparently with Brown's long arms he is really consistent in bringing the ball to ground in front of him in the exact same spot. You can even see it with Picket watching Brown's arms more than the ball.

So I assume our talls (I assume Andrews on Brown) will need to as always good with spoiling him. But our smalls (Starc and Answerth) need to be really switched on for that front and centre. I think that is one of Melbourne's real weapons at the moment

no changes boys , dont waste your breath , the two boys with concussion would have been a chance before being ruled out

lohmann a roughy

Lester in the middle rather than Starcevich?
have you thought of a lions cloning program.........that way we could have from the back line

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Daniher, Lester

Interchange: Lester, Lester, Lester, Lester

Med Sub: to be named on the day.

I am replying to 3KZ

He wants Fort in as F/R so i doubt you drop Zorko, Andrews
So that leaves the 3 i mentioned he would have to leave out.
He actually mentioned McStay so the other two come into play on his line of thinking
I never suggested in any of my posts that any of those 3 should be dropped
Didn’t even see my lips move.

have you thought of a lions cloning program.........that way we could have from the back line

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Daniher, Lester

That could work!

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Daniher, Lester

sings one of these things is not like the other ...

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Lester, Lester

Lester, Daniher, Lester

I see what you did there, a team of Lesters means Joe is out.
Well played :) he he

honestly I like 2 rucks although cannot see Joe, McStay or Hippy dropped.. They all been up and down although they will stay.

I just think we need to do better not letting them get first hands to the ball.
Oscar just needs to go for the punch instead of getting caught up with the other ruck.

Perhaps not, but I think pinch hitting in the ruck with McStay will cost us. I’d rather go with Fort and have him resting forward and leave McStay out.
Precisely, not to mention that he'll be gone in a couple of weeks so why bother persisting with someone that doesn't want to be here. Unfortunately, we both might be broken records on this front, coaches seem happy playing with a system with players it won't be able to replicate within possibly two games time.

Precisely, not to mention that he'll be gone in a couple of weeks so why bother persisting with someone that doesn't want to be here. Unfortunately, we both might be broken records on this front, coaches seem happy playing with a system with players it won't be able to replicate within possibly two games time.
understand about McStay although he always had stages where he not been great.
Actually all three talls up and down even in the same game :)
I think we need 3 so 1 covers the other 2 when they seem to go missing.

Be great to have a game where all three on for the whole game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because one doesn't want be at the club anymore and is essentially dropping the club, so why not drop that one?
Why would we drop someone when it would actively disadvantage us?

Footy is a business, I don't begrudge McStay for wanting to leave. As long as he's happy then that's all that matters.

Hey guys - I'm coming up for the game with my good mate for my first Gabba match. Any recommendations for dinner beforehand and post victory brews? He seems to have his mind set on the Pineapple Hotel after the match.

Also open to suggestions for any cool places/activities to check out around Brisbane for a couple of 20-somethings over the weekend e.g. driving ranges etc.

Hey guys - I'm coming up for the game with my good mate for my first Gabba match. Any recommendations for dinner beforehand and post victory brews? He seems to have his mind set on the Pineapple Hotel after the match.

Also open to suggestions for any cool places/activities to check out around Brisbane for a couple of 20-somethings over the weekend e.g. driving ranges etc.

Subject to where you are staying I strongly recommend eating in the CBD or Southbank prior to the game. With a sold out game it’ll be busy asf around the Gabba and wait time on food can run you into issues as it has me in the past.

The Norman and The Story Bridge are pretty good for after game.
I would recommend Easy Times for like an hour or two after the game for drinks, but being right next to the Gabba means it gets stacked in there.

The Norman and The Story Bridge are pretty good for after game.
I would recommend Easy Times for like an hour or two after the game for drinks, but being right next to the Gabba means it gets stacked in there.
Just got an email from the Club asking if I was unable to attend if I would be interested in loaning my seat back to the club so they can on sell it, so we can get as close to a packed house as possible.
So yeah, it will be busy.

Hodge on radio this morning. He said The two areas Melbourne have beaten us last three times we played them have been the defensive structure and stopping our run. If we cannot sort that out we will get flogged again. Cannot go down the line get the ball into Coleman and rich hands and move it quickly. On the positive side we have played some of the best football of the year in the last few weeks but we need to be able to maintain it for 4/4. If we can then very confident. Love hearing him refer to the lions as we.

We may have to run it out more. They'll park in the corridor and put Gawn down the wings.

And it wasn't for Brown, Voss, Black, Lappin, White, Ashcroft, McCrae, McGrath, Merrett, Zorko, Rich etc etc?
He's done his time with us. He stuck fat when we were bad and deserves the opportunity to explore his options now that he has a bit of currency. Given I never saw most of those players play the game. I can only say for McGrath, Merrett and so on that, I wouldn't be angry at them for exploring the market.

I think it's an old-fashioned view to expect him to be loyal to the club - not that I want him to go, but if he did it wouldn't be panic stations. I just don't see what dropping him will achieve. It'd be unnecessary and in bad faith.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Brown to Collingwood almost a done deal until (I believe it was Voss) stepped in and convinced Brown to stay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back