Preview Round 23 - Power v Suns (Solar Eclipse Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
LAST ROUND
Power (5) v. (16) Suns, AO – 7:10pm

The last act of the 2017 Home&Away season is finally upon us.

OUR OPPONENTS

As everyone knows, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. However, the people responsible for the AFL fixture thought there was a more appropriated metaphor – at this point, Gold Coast’s season would be already gone South. Thus, the Suns end 2017 in South Australia, at Adelaide Oval, against Port.

Adding insult to injury, if the debauchery coming from AFL headquarters was not enough, this match happens in the same week the United States of America have witnessed a total solar eclipse. This means that Americans from coast to coast could have a grasp on how it feels playing for the Suns.

c7f51a58ad0c16f0a2c4af7ad5d4ee8c.jpg

"We understand your pain, Mr. Ablett. Now, we do..."

The position on the ladder, and stats seem to confirm it, shows that the Queenslanders still struggle in the Australian Football LEAGUE. The problem is that, despite of the name, in AFL:

a) teams are actually allowed to field more than thirteen players at a time;
b) the ball can be handled forward; and
c) players in front of the kicker can mark the ball without being offside.

The biggest issue, however, seems to be accepting that running the ball through the endline is not the best way to score, but kicking the ball between the posts.

dont-bother-im-so-far-out-of-your-league-its-like-were-not-even-playing-the-same-sport-any-more-a04bd.png

Despite all that, it is important to stress that they are ahead of one Victorian side…

video-undefined-26E7F29C00000578-5_636x358.jpg

This fact would be enough to make Gold Coast’ barrackers proud. However, some articles published in respectable journals on Anthropology suggest that they could no longer exist.

1200px-Dronte_dodo_Raphus_cucullatus.jpg

“I barrack for the Suns”

LAST TIME WE’VE MET

Port and Gold Coast already played in 2017, in China. The experience was deemed successful in Queensland, who didn’t need to witness their team up close, but experts in International Relations say that Australia will have to work hard to recover the trust from the Chinese. The Chinese minister, director of the General Administration of Sport of China, during the game, would have said:

– Now I know why they are named “the Suns”. One cannot look at them without getting his eyes hurt.

burning-eyes.jpg

Port won: 110-38.

THE MEANING OF THE GAME

Port needs to win, and by a great margin, to stay ahead of Sydney. A victory, combined with Richmond’s loss, could put the Power in 4th at the end of the Round.

Gold Coast, well, they have already avoided getting the “Wooden Spoon”. Still, they need to stay in front of Brisbane. There is also a chance of ending the season ahead of ANOTHER Victorian team:

da4dfe16_large.jpg

SQUADS

PORT ADELAIDE POWER

B
  • Riley Bonner
  • Tom Clurey
  • Dan Houston
HB

• Darcy Byrne-Jones
  • Jasper Pittard
  • Hamish Hartlett
C
  • Justin Westhoff
  • Ollie Wines
  • Jared Polec
HF
  • Sam Gray
  • Todd Marshall
  • Robbie Gray
F
  • Aidyn Johnson
  • Charlie Dixon
  • Chad Wingard
FOL
  • Paddy Ryder
  • Brad Ebert
  • Travis Boak
I/C
  • Sam Powell-Pepper
  • Jake Neade
  • Karl Amon
  • Dougal Howard

GOLD COAST SUNS

B
  • Max Spencer
  • Steven May
  • Trent McKenzie
HB
  • Pearce Hanley
  • Callum Ah Chee
  • Adam Saad
C
  • Brayden Fiorini
  • Will Brodie
  • Matt Rosa
HF
  • Jarrod Harbrow
  • Jack Martin
  • Touk Miller
F
  • Ben Ainsworth
  • Keegan Brooksby
  • Darcy Macpherson
FOL
  • Peter Wright
  • David Swallow
  • Aaron Hall
I/C
  • Jarryd Lyons
  • Jesse Joyce
  • Mitch Hallahan
  • Brad Scheer

fMSOfc7KdD-10.png

Last edited:
Last edited:

Findlay was in the game against St Kilda this year so :$:$:$
Then I fell bad that he coped so much s**t from our crowd as he walked of the ground, hope he blames his mate number 12 more than out crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LAST ROUND

The last act of the 2017 Home&Away season is finally upon us. As everyone knows, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. However, the people responsible for the AFL fixture thought there was a more appropriated metaphor – at this point, Gold Coast’s season would be already gone South. Thus, the Suns end 2017 in South Australia, at Adelaide Oval, against Port.

Adding insult to injury, if the debauchery coming from AFL headquarters was not enough, this match happens in the same week the United States of America have witnessed a total solar eclipse. This means that Americans from coast to coast could have a grasp on how if feels playing for the Suns:

The position on the ladder, and stats seem to confirm it, shows that the Queenslanders still struggle in the Australian Football LEAGUE. The problem is that, despite of the name, in AFL:

The biggest issue, however, seems to be accepting that running the ball through the endline is not the best way to score, but kicking the ball between the posts.

dont-bother-im-so-far-out-of-your-league-its-like-were-not-even-playing-the-same-sport-any-more-a04bd.png

Despite all that, it is important to stress that they are ahead of one Victorian side…

This fact would be enough to make Gold Coast’ barrackers proud. However, some articles published in respectable journals on Anthropology suggest that they could no longer exist.

“I barrack for the Suns”

LAST TIME WE’VE MET

Port and Gold Coast already played in 2017, in China. The experience was deemed successful in Queensland, who didn’t need to witness their team up close, but experts in International Relations say that Australia will have to work hard to recover the trust from the Chinese. The Chinese minister, director of the General Administration of Sport of China, during the game, would have said:

– Now I know why they are named “the Suns”. One cannot look at them without getting his eyes hurt.

burning-eyes.jpg

THE MEANING OF THE GAME

Port needs to win, and by a great margin, to stay ahead of Sydney. A victory, combined with Richmond’s loss, could put the Power in 4th at the end of the Round.

Gold Coast, well, they can avoid getting the “Wooden Spoon”, while ending the season ahead of ANOTHER Victorian team:

da4dfe16_large.jpg

SQUADS

This preview will be updated when the teams are announced.

fMSOfc7KdD-10.png
Ha good one Gremio.

I am glad you all liked it. When I saw that no one was responsible for writing it, this preview came into my mind almost immediately.

I'm infected with Footy fever...

LAST ROUND

The last act of the 2017 Home&Away season is finally upon us. As everyone knows, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. However, the people responsible for the AFL fixture thought there was a more appropriated metaphor – at this point, Gold Coast’s season would be already gone South. Thus, the Suns end 2017 in South Australia, at Adelaide Oval, against Port.

Adding insult to injury, if the debauchery coming from AFL headquarters was not enough, this match happens in the same week the United States of America have witnessed a total solar eclipse. This means that Americans from coast to coast could have a grasp on how if feels playing for the Suns:

“I barrack for the Suns”

LAST TIME WE’VE MET

burning-eyes.jpg

THE MEANING OF THE GAME

Gold Coast, well, they can avoid getting the “Wooden Spoon”, while ending the season ahead of ANOTHER Victorian team:

da4dfe16_large.jpg

SQUADS

This preview will be updated when the teams are announced.

fMSOfc7KdD-10.png
How does a AFL as a second sport and English as a second language (my assumption) write so much more articulate, clever and insightful than our local football media?

Awesome work Gremio, love your style.

Want to see the Suns score no more than 4 goals for the game, biggest impact on our % will be oppo scores as we should be able to put over 100 points past them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back