Review Round 23, 2023 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of fumbles and slipping over. Gross game all round. Take the points and never speak of it again.

Lord still sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any other team had the umpiring we do week in week out, there’d be a Royal Commission.
Yep. And one bad call by a goal umpire against Adelaide gets him thrown under a bus by McLachlan at a media conference and everyone told he won't umpire again this year. (but they are, apparently gathering around him to give him the support he needs for making a mistake).

Sorry- I got triggered. But fmd with the double standards from AFL House between some teams and others when it comes to umpires.

Finishing 3rd (assuming Brisbane finish 2nd) rather than 4th is clearly the best result for us

No prelim at the Gabba
No Carlton if we lose 1st week
Last two finals campaigns we had the week off and lost in the prelims. In all honesty I would just prefer to play every week after the pre-finals bye. Byes tend to mess with port.

A few guys down on form today. Marshall with the John Butcher kicking. Williams with his worst game for a while. Houston uncharacteristically quiet. Not much from our wings. Boak in particular didn’t look at all sharp when he came on. Finlayson with a lazy old game. Rozee with a few clangers after HT.

Better players:
Butters
Hayes
Aliir
Jonas
Jones
Rioli
SPP
DBJ late
Wines early
Wonder if Marshall is carrying a leg injury because his set shot kicking is terrible. Or maybe too many concussions has upset his balance.

Last two finals campaigns we had the week off and lost in the prelims. In all honesty I would just prefer to play every week after the pre-finals bye. Byes tend to mess with port.
Yep byes just never work for us, we always come out slow and flat after them.
Must have something to do with attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back