Review Round 22, 2023 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Green, Greene, Kelly, Whitfield, Ward all had 25+ touches and GWS were never in the game. Great defensive work rate from the team to ensure most of their touches were behind centre and not so damaging.

Should win the next two against 13th and 14th on the ladder. If we can then get over our injuries in time for finals we’re as good a chance as any.

Always like to see someone brave enough to review all players.

Generally agree with most but Houston 30 disposals, a goal, 10 marks and 698m gained is not a starring effort, what is your benchmark?
I meant that in the sense that I didn't think he dictated the terms of the game like Butters, Rozee and Wines did. That probably also comes down to his role - if the mids have control of the game, there's less heavy lifting to do as a half back.

Is easy to forget given Wines started what feels like a generation ago, but he’s a deserved Brownlow Medalist who is only 28yo.
He won that Brownlow when realising that his job was not to burst from stoppages and be a link man or outside runner.
Having a mix with him and peak Rozee and peak Butters (and Hayes ;)) was always going to reignite his form once early season injuries settled.
His overhead marking was exceptional too. Adds a fair bit to our defence around the ground.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The past few weeks I've seen why West Coast fans were so rapt with Willie Rioli. Unique talent.
Dare i say it he was very Eddie Betts like on the weekend.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see we lost the free kick count again. It was close, so now we know we only have to be a 10 goal better side to get a look in.

Would have won by 100+ with an Eleni Gloftis/crows umpiring display.

Umps have cost us games and a fair chunk of percentage this year.

Pardon the intrusion, the amount of times Butters and Rozee connect with one another is becoming something really unique. If this persists across the years to come they will easily be right up there with the greatest pairings the game has ever had. Especially if they add silverware.

It's that rare intuitive, symbiotic awareness and reading of one another within the dynamic unfolding of chaotic play.

Ahhh am I becoming a surrogate Port supporter???

Time to play some INXS and think about it a bit more 🤔

Carn the Power!!!

I see we lost the free kick count again. It was close, so now we know we only have to be a 10 goal better side to get a look in.

Would have won by 100+ with an Eleni Gloftis/crows umpiring display.

Umps have cost us games and a fair chunk of percentage this year.
It’s becoming a bit of an issue. I noticed Houston lose his sh)t at the umpires again this week, finlayson too. The ump was telling Houston he had to go behind his mark before he could play on, Houston said bs, everyone every week plays on wide of the mark or something to that effect. A lot of frustration building.

It’s becoming a bit of an issue. I noticed Houston lose his sh)t at the umpires again this week, finlayson too. The ump was telling Houston he had to go behind his mark before he could play on, Houston said bs, everyone every week plays on wide of the mark or something to that effect. A lot of frustration building.

Was that the one where he feigned a handball and the Giants swapped players on the mark?

They reinterpreted the stand rule so if you fake a handball and the man on the mark moves it's not 50. But he didn't just move, they swapped men on the mark. They absolutely ran over the rule with a Humvee and the umpire let it go.

In the end didn't matter because Marshall marked the kick and goaled, but it was another instance where the rules are interpreted differently for us.

Like push in the back by and against Aliir.

Was that the one where he feigned a handball and the Giants swapped players on the mark?

They reinterpreted the stand rule so if you fake a handball and the man on the mark moves it's not 50. But he didn't just move, they swapped men on the mark. They absolutely ran over the rule with a Humvee and the umpire let it go.

In the end didn't matter because Marshall marked the kick and goaled, but it was another instance where the rules are interpreted differently for us.

Like push in the back by and against Aliir.

The Aliir one was particularly annoying. It's not that it wasn't there. It's that if you call that one, you need to call about 20 others during the game, for consistency. Of course, they didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three of them sometimes look like they're playing the game on slow motion, just waltzing around opposition players as though they aren't even there and creating time and space to use their skills that other players just don't find.

It's like they are playing a different game to everyone else.

It's like they are playing a different game to everyone else.

Given two passages of play I saw last night, Rozee and Butters were sometimes playing basketball. The skill required to bounce a football like that is unfathomable.

Not to mention Rozee's sidewards-backwards kick to the 50m arc from the boundary.
Who would even think to attempt that, let alone pull it off?

Apart from the ridiculousness of treating Tredrea like a leper, there is at least one other option re the Cup presentation (should planets align): Primus was the team's captain that season.

Also, Dwayne should be more of a pariah around the club than WGT.

In his commentary he made it sound like he is. Browny asked him if Hinkley was getting his contract extension and Dwayne said something like I'm the last person they would tell.

Not to mention Rozee's sidewards-backwards kick to the 50m arc from the boundary.
Who would even think to attempt that, let alone pull it off?

That was insane. The only guy I thought would mark that would be Butters because I figured he would be the only one to think What would I do in that situation? I know, kick it back into play over my head. But apparently Houston has some insights into their thinking too. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back