Preview Round 22 vs GWS Changes & Pre-Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasini for Jonas. Anyone for Jonas really though.

I've got issues with how Dante is managed at this stage of his career and not overly keen on putting him up against Briggs.

How sore is Hayes?

I guess it depends on how many of our walking wounded recover in time. Aliir and Jones should be back but if McKenzie did do his PCL then Jonas will stay. Bergman and Finlayson will help.

We're clearly not going to get an even playing field again this year. We really do need to come out firing.

Honestly who cares anymore.
After the last 2 weeks I didn't care either and only planned to watch the first few minutes but I saw a spark back and think we did better than I expected. It was a joy to watch our young midfield too.
I think we might be building again ready for finals as long as we can get some players on the park. McKenzie’s injury is a big worry though.

Honestly who cares anymore.
I do, and that's a problem for me. I'm beginning to wish I didn't.

I was an official in another sport for some years and I would have been mortified if anyone had thought my decisions biased in any way. Errors, of course, are inevitable and will be rectified if at all possible.

That last quarter was a disgrace, even by our standards. Those calls (and non calls) in critical moments in critical position made me realise that caring is pointless, the desired outcome pre-ordained. It seems our umpires are happy not being independent.

TL;DR I do, but wish I didnt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones, Aliir, Finlayson and Bergman should all be back next week. Possibly Dixon.
Farrell

IN: Jones, Aliir, Finlayson, Bergman, Farrell
OUT: McKenzie, Bonner, Mead, Burgoyne, McEntee

A lot of injuries:
Dixon to miss more.
Lycett in a race for QF if lucky.
McKenzie season over.
Clurey season over
Sinn season over
Hayes season over
Georgiades season over
Fantasia career over

That plus the 5 ins, its a crazy amount to have had missing today.

Just get rid of the useless spud McEntee and I'll be happy.
Farrell

IN: Jones, Aliir, Finlayson, Bergman, Farrell
OUT: McKenzie, Bonner, Mead, Burgoyne, McEntee
Why Burgoyne? Wouldn't have been in our top 10 worse players tonight.

Just get rid of the useless spud McEntee and I'll be happy.

Why Burgoyne? Wouldn't have been in our top 10 worse players tonight.
I think he'll be pushed out. Can't see another out. Williams defensive running against fast attack was probably just as slack as Burgoyne's, which was an issue, though I agree he wasn't that bad. Someone will have to go though. I mean I wouldn't be against making a statement of Houston and these 50% intensity games he pulls out from time to time like today, but he's never getting dropped.

The other I guess on the dropping radar IMO is DBJ. Still don't know what he offers.

We also obviously have concerns with how do we get the best out of Boak and Wines. Particularly the latter.

Jonas is a liability and needs to be dropped. Whether that means playing Burton as a KPD or trying one of Pasini or even Marshall it doesn't matter but we cant play Jonas.
I must've been watching a different game. I thought Jonas played well. Our key backs weren't an issue. Our running, small defenders were horrendous tonight, they were our biggest issue. Their defensive actions were just slack.

No McKenzie means Jonas is a certainty. iMO. Pasini ain't getting tried now and Marshall is nowhere near it. Brace yourself, Jonas will play the year out now.

You could stick a stone cold, dead body inside 50 and it’d be more of a scoreboard threat than McEntee because given our number of inside 50s, out of sheer ******* luck, one errant ball would clip the corpse’s foot and bounce through for a goal.

Like it must take an absurd amount of Mike Jordan level talent to register only one single scoring shot in the last 6 games given the number of inside 50s we generate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back