Whats dixon's chances?

If fit
Dixon, DBJ and Hayes in

Out
Marshall, Mead, Lord, Mead

Bonner to sub

Please, please play Hayes.

cherish it adam sandler GIF

Didnā€™t get to see the magpies game, but like the idea of two ruck and Finlayson as a true forward. DBJ is an obvious inclusion if he is well.

so Marshall for Hayes/Lycett. DBJ for Mead, Bonner to sub (Farrell to half back)

I've said all along, these minor round wins haven't really meant anything until we get to the big games like this, which we need to win to be successful and to earn credibility. Win this week and I'll be much closer to actually believing we could do something this year. The big caveat on all that is that our injury toll is certainly going to hurt our chances and so I think that you have to be realistic and understand that being down several forwards against the best defence in the comp is going to understandably hurt us.

With selection we now know Lycett is a certain in after being pulled from the SANFL last qtr, even with the game on the line.

Outside of that, DBJ should be back. I also think Dixon is a chance.

So:
IN: Lycett, Dixon, DBJ
OUT: Teakle, Marshall, Mead, Evans to sub

Certainly a stronger lineup, but with Marshall, Georgiades, Rioli, Fantasia all out from the forward line as well as Duursma out, it'll take a huge effort to get the W.

Demons by 17.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given our extensive injury situation, and the fact that Melbourne are probably a class above us anyway, I won't be shattered with a loss. But if we play the game with a defensive, just minimise the damage, don't even try to score plan, like we did last year I'll spew up.
I want see us go into the game with a plan to attack and win. If it does't come off, so be it, but don't concede defeat before the game even starts, like last year.

Lycett will clearly be in. The real question is will Dixon play?

A forwardline of Finlayson with Lord and Teakle next in line looks worrying against May and Lever.

Given our extensive injury situation, and the fact that Melbourne are probably a class above us anyway, I won't be shattered with a loss. But if we play the game with a defensive, just minimise the damage, don't even try to score plan, like we did last year I'll spew up.
I want see us go into the game with a plan to attack and win. If it does't come off, so be it, but don't concede defeat before the game even starts, like last year.
Less 1st qtr against the Saints and more of the last 3 is what I'm seeking. Go fast, go hard, but don't lose all composure and just go forward in a blind rush. We went too fast in the first, paranoid about the Saints, we then settled and slowed our still fast movement down and tore them to shreds.

Massive game, season defining, win this and we have arrived.

in- dbj, lycett, Burgoyne, dumont
out- marshall, evans, mead, teakle

if Dixons quad was actual rest then he comes in for lord

im playing burton forward.

cant let teakle near the melb rucks.

On paper it looks like Hayes put in a descent shift for the Maggies, probably needed to be doing that for the last month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back