Preview Changes & Pre-Match Discussion for Round 11, 2023 vs Richmond @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would rest Marshall and Dixon until after the bye. Rest Boak this week - make his record breaker a home game. Give Pasini and Sinn a taste against the Hawks. Although he is still a bit unpolished, there is no denying Lord is improving week by week.

No one wanted Teakle and I think we would be destroyed by Nankervis.
Dixon, Marshall and MG are injured. Jonas is suspended. Scully, McCallum and Marshall are too raw. Visentini isn’t ready. Clurey and Hayes appear likely to not be picked again. Pasini has just recovered from an ACL and has barely any exposed form.

Lord has been good but he has also been absolutely gassed at the end of every quarter.

Playing Burgoyne instead of a tall was the wrong call against Collingwood. I’m not sure we aren’t making the same wrong call. I’m also not sure we have an appropriate tall to come in. Our total football style against Melbourne worked, despite their vastly superior quality and quantity talls. Richmond don’t have the same quality talls but have brilliant smalls. If we get pressured and boot it down the line, it doesn’t matter if we have Hayes/Teakle/Visentini/Pasini playing, Grimes will intercept it. However, if we can open up space and deliver around their talls, as we did against the Dees then I don’t think it matters.

Expecting us to play our part and have a shocker this week. The poor old Tigers need a leg up.
We're definitely a tall short...with Clurey in it would free up Aliir to float around doing his thing, and allow us to use Burton wherever needed.

Congratulations are in order to Travis Boak, if he is selected in the final side, he will become the record AFL games holder for Port Adelaide. Champion.

Saving Boak for a home game would be the stuff of amateurs. If he can get up he'll play but that was a hell of a knock last week and I didn't think he'd get up this week at the time.

Bloody well said
New posters arriving all chipper to the port board posting nuffy stuff and being immediately put into the thunderchud/expat club like

ezgif-1-8fc668df31.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like my buddy timid Tom Clurey has been put in the Sam Hayes basket.

Teakle will get the job done. Focus on the now people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back