Preview Changes & Pre-Match discussion for Showdown: Round 3, 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh on Jnr
It's not necessarily a criticism. It's a required role. I'm just not sure you can have 2 of them.

It's a bit like criticising Dusty for not defending. It's not his role. A team full of Dustys going all out attack would be a sight though.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am happy with the changes...

Georgiades - needs to find confidence. A game or two in the maggies wont do him any harm, and Finlayson is a good replacement who can play multiple roles.
Burton - Bonner is a great fill-in for him. Was playing good footy & was best-22 late last year.
Burgoyne - Clurey is the correct replacement for McKenzie - What were they thinking last week, bringing in Burgoyne for McKenzie? Threw the kid under the bus. Morons! Argument is there that they could/should have selected Pasini, but he might not be 100% ready - His time will come.
Fantasia - Jones replaces him as a small power forward. Had a great game there in round one ... It was a moronic move playing him on Daicos. Not only was it a mismatch, it unsettled team dynamic, and potentially damages Jones' confidence ... Fools!!
Jones - Boak comes in and replaces Jones in the midfield

The entire team structure is restored to that similar to round one. If we lose to the Crows, rub the place out & start again.
Well said: Jones may be the seventh person for the back line. Heaven help us if Bonner lines up near Farrell.

Harsh on Jnr
Fanta is struggling to get a kick, when he finds some touch he will be back and, both can play in the same team.
If we were winning it would not be an issue; anyway, that is what the bench is for.

In the Brisbane game we had Aliir, Burton, McKenzie and Jonas as the talls (although I am struggling with Jones being a ‘tall’) - so 4 talls. We brought in Burgoyne for McKenzie for the Collingwood game, leaving us with three talls. This week, we replaced Burton with Clurey, and Bonner comes in as well while Burgoyne goes out - so still three talls. So we are not going back to the same mix as against Brisbane.

Burton isn’t a tall, he’s a medium defender, and when we made the mistake of forcing him to be a tall defender versus Collingwood he went from one of our best the week before and consistently reliable players to a dud.

Our coach keeps making the same mistakes like SpongeBob stepping on those rakes one after another.

Does anybody know what the point of this is?

Like what are we trying to achieve this year. Are we rebuilding? Are we trying to win?

Is Ken just trying to coach enough wins to get another extension?
There is no way he will get an extension, we will not be top 4 this year or anywhere near it, to me this year we are just waiting until his contract ends.

This feels like the Hawthorn game last year.
Christ hope not, I didn’t give Hawthorn a chance last year and we just gave up, I am extremely concerned about tomorrow the Brisbane game was fantastic when everyone jumped on board but all the other games this year there has been a complete lack of intensity.

There is no way he will get an extension, we will not be top 4 this year or anywhere near it, to me this year we are just waiting until his contract ends.
There is no way Ken is getting sacked (the AFL controls our $dollars and do not like payouts for sacked coaches).

Our powers-that-be have said the contract will be reviewed in August.
In my opinion no extension should be contemplated unless we are top four in August.
And then, we would still have to win two finals (for an extension).

There is no way Ken is getting sacked (the AFL controls our $dollars and do not like payouts for sacked coaches).

Our powers-that-be have said the contract will be reviewed in August.
In my opinion no extension should be contemplated unless we are top four in August.
And then, we would still have to win two finals (for an extension).
No outcome should result is an extension. That includes a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throwback
335197448_1273789693547590_8702635223324218988_n.jpg

Bonner is not the worst player and I think I rate him higher than most around here so I'm pretty happy with his selection. Burgoyne will be a player one day but at the moment he just doesn't provide enough, he looks like a school boy out there. Good decision.

Mitch only has himself to blame, I just hope Finlayson isn't under done. Happy to bring Clurey in now Burton and McKenzie are both out, he's towelled up Walker before so I'm assuming that will be his job again.

Farell and Bonner are nice weapons to have coming out of defence but they really need to be accountable with Rachele and Rankine running around. Hopefully it's not down there too much anyway because on paper their midfield is just plain garbage. Rory Sloane is still their starting rover 🤣
Sloane has been named in our starting midfield on every team sheet this year and has barely played a second in there. He’s playing as a wing. Wouldn’t read anything into team sheets, Pedlar named at CHF too, which obviously isn’t happening.

Throwback
335197448_1273789693547590_8702635223324218988_n.jpg
What the???? Why don't I remember this??? I must've been there.

Its surprising that Crows side isn't winning a game like that by 100 points. You're talking about what was effectively the SA state side, up against one of the 9 clubs they took the cream from.

As a club the Crows have been fairly big under achievers. They got lucky with a couple flags, but they should've won more given the incredible entry list forming conditions they were afforded. They should also be a financial juggernaut, but instead their lol Poort attitude, rather than focusing on how they can be richer has held them back dramatically.

Last edited:
What the???? Why don't I remember this??? I must've been there.

Its actually quite ridiculous that Crows side isn't winning a game like that by 100 points. You're talking about what was effectively the SA state side, up against one of the 9 clubs they took the cream from.

As a club the Crows have been fairly big under achievers. They got lucky with a couple flags, but they should've won more given the incredible entry list forming conditions they were afforded. They should also be a financial juggernaut, but instead their lol Poort attitude, rather than focusing on how they can be richer has held them back dramatically.
Outside of Modra there weren't any star players in that Crows team.

I just can't believe I didn't know we'd played them prior to AFL entry.

All the other AFL clubs we played I remember, I specifically remember sitting there watching Port v Collingwood in the all B&W game at Footy Park, in the top of the members stand. The Freo trial, the Geelong game I sat at half forward in the outer opposite end to the scoreboard. But this one I have no idea even happened.

I just can't believe I didn't know we'd played them prior to AFL entry.

All the other AFL clubs we played I remember, I specifically remember sitting there watching Port v Collingwood in the all B&W game at Footy Park, in the top of the members stand. The Freo trial, the Geelong game I sat at half forward in the outer opposite end to the scoreboard. But this one I have no idea even happened.
My recollection is the same as yours.

Maybe it happened in a different simulation

Wait, Darryl Wakelin? Our Darryl Wakelin? When the * did that happen?

Also, lol 'Camry Crows'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back