HB: L Jones 34, A Aliir 21, D Houston 5
C: M Bergman 14, W Drew 28, T Boak 10
HF: D Byrne-Jones 33, T Marshall 4, C Rozee 1-C
F: J Finlayson 11, C Dixon 22, W Rioli 15
Foll: I Soldo 13, O Wines 16, Z Butters 9
I/C: K Farrell 6, J Burgoyne 7, D Williams 23, F Evans 31, J Mead 44

Emergencies: T Clurey 17, M Georgiades 19, J Sweet 24

Burgoyne the sub, surely.

Clurey playing increases the chances of Sack Hinkley.

Who said Clurey is playing? I doubt he ever plays for us again to be honest.
Clurey clearly included in emergencies as backline cover. Georgiades as cover for a forward, and Sweet as ruck insurance.

Looks like Dylan Williams was originally going to be the backline emergency but came in when JHF dropped out, which probably means he will be sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clurey is a good choice as travelling emergency. Emergencies should always be senior fringe players whose development we're not stunting by not playing them. Last week Jase was a bad choice of emergency, if he's not playing AFL then he should be getting a game of development in the SANFL. Clurey doesn't have any more developing to do.

A bit odd to pick Clurey to be added to leave us with 3 tall emergencies. Clurey the untried wingman at AFL level aside, all who play very specific positions.

Presumably they're rolling the dice that we won't need an emergency and they'd prefer everyone else to get a run this weekend.

A bit odd to pick Clurey to be added to leave us with 3 tall emergencies. Clurey the untried wingman at AFL level aside, all who play very specific positions.

Presumably they're rolling the dice that we won't need an emergency and they'd prefer everyone else to get a run this weekend.
Having Clurey around the team shows the coaching staff is still going pick the team in a bizarre way.

What has he done to warrant selection?

Young player not knowing what's a small twinge/bad cramp/ light strain is very common
Shame but as a holder.of Wines is fantasy this is good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back