Preview Round 22 vs GWS Changes & Pre-Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finlayson has been horrifically out of form and we need him to find form before finals so what do you do?
Play him in the ruck.
So *en stupid
Finlayson has been OK, his kicking at goal is where he is out of form.

To name Hayes as an emergency implies to me someone else may be a late out, maybe it is Jeremy!!
Emergencies: S. Hayes 25, F. Evans 31, J. Burgoyne 36, Q. Narkle 47

Oh, well; let us hope we have the GOOD Lord on our side.

Because he’s a bog average footballer.
He's certainly not capable of reaching the dizzying heights of Jed McEntee, that's for sure. Well worth absolutely wrecking our structure to play McEntee instead of Hayes, we can't live without his seven disposals, zero goals and zero tackles.

If we are losing our minds over this it is a good thing we haven't had a Clayton Oliver type situation to one of our best players.

wheel GIF

As we March towards the finals..

Imagine choosing to have Finlayson in the ruck and McEntee in the forward line over Hayes in the ruck and Finlayson in the forward line lol. Two enormous downgrades.

Also, are we to assume they've just been outright lying by saying he's injured for the last few weeks?

…. Just getting up off the floor after falling off the chair.
Are you serious ?

Yes?

What clubs do you think have a Georgiades level of quality at #4 or Lord at #5 on their key forward depth chart?

This might be yet another case of Port supporters not understanding how good the average key forward is

My only thought is, maybe you’re not allowed to bring a player from outside the 26 straight into the 22?
If so they could bring Hayes in either tomorrow or Sunday
No, you are allowed.
Very late game: possible the Coaches are taking a punt that Hayes will be passed fit on Sunday (late test).

If he is passed fit he will not be the emergency, he will probable come in for Lord.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes?

What clubs do you think have a Georgiades level of quality at #4 or Lord at #5 on their key forward depth chart?

This might be yet another case of Port supporters not understanding how good the average key forward is
Exactly. Collingwood's tall forward depth chart is:
  • McStay
  • Mihocek (not a tall forward)
  • Ash Johnson (not a tall forward)
  • Cox (ruckman)
  • Frampton (defender)

I'm always intrigued by what "tightness" actually means. Isn't muscle tightness simply poor flexibility/range of motion. This isn't a sudden onset thing. This happens over a long period of time. Some people (like me are inherently tight/inflexible). I would've never played a game if tightness was an injury to rule someone out. Or do they more mean soreness, maybe from the heavy training block?

Give the club the benefit of the doubt.

Hayes proves he's fit-ish on Sunday he comes in and it's a good move.
Yes; I think Dante going out has forced their hand.
They are desperately hoping Hayes will pull up ok on Sunday where it is a twilight game.

Everything is an opportunity, if Hayes can get up and have an impact, it well may get him a contract for next year.

I would expect a please explain from the AFL as to how a player goes from 2-3 weeks to basically playing. Particularly with a focus on our medical staff.

And if there is not from the AFL how about one to the members as to how this potentially happens (even if it is bullshit).

To me pretty much says Hayes had told them f you and they have said how about X match payment.

Really angry about this.

Makes the club look dishonest, unprofessional and once again treats members like the nothing they think we are.

As for trust the club ...yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back