Wines/JHF: 3,4
Butters/Rozee/Houston: 0,5
Butters/Rozee/Houston: 2,3
Butters/Rozee/Houston: 4,1
Bergman: 1,0

First number coach A, second number coach B
Given the multiple 7s and 5s, I don't think there are other permutations

Last edited:

With Dixon out our forward structure is so much better as we appear to be lowering our eyes to find a target instead of the constant bombs to the square. Rioli is becoming a very important player with his footy smarts and ability to keep his feet.
GWS's pressure in the midfield being along way below that of Carlton, Collingwood and the Crows is a much bigger factor in that than Dixon's pressence. The midfielders had the time to lower their eyes.

Was that the one where he feigned a handball and the Giants swapped players on the mark?

They reinterpreted the stand rule so if you fake a handball and the man on the mark moves it's not 50. But he didn't just move, they swapped men on the mark. They absolutely ran over the rule with a Humvee and the umpire let it go.
See the big problem with this change in interpretation is that Dan Houston didn't fake a handball. He went to handball to the player that was running past for the receive, but decided not to because the GWS player moved off the mark to cover it.

The GWS defence managed to block that attacking handball receive by moving off the mark and didn't get punished for it. If Houston does give that handball and the receiver gets tackled, you can put your house on us not being given us a 50.

See the big problem with this change in interpretation is that Dan Houston didn't fake a handball. He went to handball to the player that was running past for the receive, but decided not to because the GWS player moved off the mark to cover it.

The GWS defence managed to block that attacking handball receive by moving off the mark and didn't get punished for it. If Houston does give that handball and the receiver gets tackled, you can put your house on us not being given us a 50.

It's immaterial if he changed his mind, as the rule is worded the umpire interprets that as he faked the handball, so the player on the mark can move. The issue here was that another player came from outside the protected area to stand the mark and it should have been a 50m penalty.

GWS's pressure in the midfield being along way below that of Carlton, Collingwood and the Crows is a much bigger factor in that than Dixon's pressence. The midfielders had the time to lower their eyes.

Yeah, the midfield waltzed around and did as they like. Time, space, a nice cruising speed. I was hoping for a bit of a workout from the Giants but we didn't get it.

I know the Power can beat teams easily when they are given time and space. We are a really skilled team.

I have yet to see the boys play well when space is shut down and teams work super hard for every contest.

For mine, it was a good win but we didn't learn anything.

I kinda get the feeling that the next two games will be easy for us and then we will see who and where we get in the Finals.

It's immaterial if he changed his mind, as the rule is worded the umpire interprets that as he faked the handball, so the player on the mark can move. The issue here was that another player came from outside the protected area to stand the mark and it should have been a 50m penalty.
I thought that meant that the player on the mark can take a step without being penalised, not that they can now run away.

Yeah, the midfield waltzed around and did as they like. Time, space, a nice cruising speed. I was hoping for a bit of a workout from the Giants but we didn't get it.

I know the Power can beat teams easily when they are given time and space. We are a really skilled team.

I have yet to see the boys play well when space is shut down and teams work super hard for every contest.

For mine, it was a good win but we didn't learn anything.

I kinda get the feeling that the next two games will be easy for us and then we will see who and where we get in the Finals.
Collingwood home?
Melbourne home?

Winning this game was a disaster.
It has given Koch just the little suger hit he needs to come out and give Hinkley another extension.
Losing this game, the next two and bombing out of the finals was maybe the only thing that could have saved us from more years of Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise the coach plays a fairly significant role in the team ?
Claiming a win that cements our place in the top four for finals as a disaster is madness.

Let alone a win that is so dominant it plays all of our key players into form.

And ffs not sure what you pay your membership for but I hand over my cash to see my team win.

Enjoy it.

Claiming a win that cements our place in the top four for finals as a disaster is madness.

And ffs not sure what you pay your membership for but I hand over my cash to see my team win.

Enjoy it.
I pay it because i want to see them win AND WIN A PREMIERSHIP, something Hinkley has proved to be unable of delivering.
We haven't won a knockout final since 2014, the last knockout final we played in we lost by 12 goals.

Where has you head been buried the last decade ?

Enjoy it.
That wasn’t a dominant win. Gws put in a lacklustre performance in a game that was one of the more lacklustre games.
I think you’re enjoying too much.

I pay it because i want to see them win AND WIN A PREMIERSHIP, something Hinkley has proved to be unable of delivering.
We haven't won a knockout final since 2014, the last knockout final we played in we lost by 12 goals.

Where has you head been buried the last decade ?
This is a thread about our win against GWS by 51 points. A team that was in the 8 before the game.

On any measure that was a great win. And it cements us in the top four for finals.

Piss off to another thread if you want to whine about the past 10 years and coaches.

Saying this weeks win is 'a disaster' is just brain dead dumb feckery.

Last edited:
This is a thread about our win against GWS by 51 points. A team that was in the 8 before the game.

On any measure that was a great win. And it cements us in the top four for finals.

Piss off to another thread if you want to whine about the past 10 years and coaches.

Saying this weeks win is 'a disaster' is just brain dead dumb feckery.
Every thread is about sacking Hinkley until Hinkley is sacked. He is a stench lingering over every other aspect of the club.

In the commentary on Sunday Dwayne mentioned Tredders and said that if we were to make the GF and win it was customary for a previous club captain to present the trophy - I think Dwayne's a bit off track as it hasn't only been previous club captains eg pretty sure Maureen Hafey presented the club to Richmond back in 2017. I was trying to remember who presented the trophy from the club in 2004?

In the commentary on Sunday Dwayne mentioned Tredders and said that if we were to make the GF and win it was customary for a previous club captain to present the trophy - I think Dwayne's a bit off track as it hasn't only been previous club captains eg pretty sure Maureen Hafey presented the club to Richmond back in 2017. I was trying to remember who presented the trophy from the club in 2004?
Jack Cahill?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back