Autopsy Round 20, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It was interesting Wines saying a few weeks back that this is the hardest game plan he has played under. He is basically rehabbing early in the week every week.

Makes you wonder if it is sustainable.

When’s the last time that genuinely happened from our perspective? 2006?

We have been TALKING a lot lately before the game, to be fair. We don’t follow our tongues in game day, but that’s a different story.

He's right you know. Just walk the walk.

There was a time when that was how Port handled it.

Hats off to Adelaide, they played the lead up and the game exceptionally well.
Just did what they had to do.

Made us look like fools.

Last edited:
There was a time when that was how Port handled it.

Hats off the Adelaide, they played the lead up and the game exceptionally well.
Just did what they had to do.

Made us look like fools.
Not hard.

We have been TALKING a lot lately before the game, to be fair. We don’t follow our tongues in game day, but that’s a different story.

That reeks of messaging from above. Probably Richardson.

‘We got feedback that our fans didn’t like Koch saying he wants the Crows do well when they’re not playing Port… so let’s completely overcorrect by instructing our players to repeatedly say stupid superficial nonsense to placate our diehards!’

That reeks of messaging from above. Probably Richardson.

‘We got feedback that our fans didn’t like Koch saying he wants the Crows do well when they’re not playing Port… so let’s completely overcorrect by instructing our players to repeatedly say stupid superficial nonsense to placate our diehards!’
I just wish Koch would just shut up.
Heard nothing from Tim Silvers and John Olsen

He's right, and you're right.

But have we EVER just walked the walk during Hinkley's tenure?

Nope, it's always been about jingoistic BS such as:

"We will never ever give up!!" (except when we do)

"We are Port Adelaide!" (no s**t?)

"They'll never tear us apart!" (we'll do that ourselves, just fine)

"We HATE the Crows!!11!" (but we won't play with any passion or intensity when we play them)

Don’t forget terrorise Lachie Neale he reckons.

It was interesting Wines saying a few weeks back that this is the hardest game plan he has played under. He is basically rehabbing early in the week every week.

Makes you wonder if it is sustainable.
What is it?
Seems identical to the ones previously
Work hard
Keep territory
Score from stoppages
Cross your fingers and hope the backline holds up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

since 2017 when they should have ended kens career having 80 inside 50's to 30, we've pretty much broken even with them at best when they've picked up a spoon and we've had two top two finishes.
they are far better than us at managing the expectations and game style.

The * does anyone care what Spud Murphy thinks? Oh my neck, give Jordan Dawson my free kick.

The * does anyone care what Spud Murphy thinks? Oh my neck, give Jordan Dawson my free kick.

You’re being biased.

Murphy had neck issues all that year.
That’s nothing on what we did with Aliir m. Not even the same galaxy.

Burton can * off with the stupid remark and then playing with absolutely zero intensity and his clangers/lack of effort setting the tone for the game right from the start. I'd almost trade him back for a crippled Wingard.

You’re being biased.

Murphy had neck issues all that year.
That’s nothing on what we did with Aliir m. Not even the same galaxy.

I'm not comparing the two, I'm just a bit over every man and his dog being given a forum to express an opinion on this, irrespective of their medical knowledge and involvement in the the whole process.

But Murphy who was paid a free for a high tackle he ducked in to, writhed around on the ground apparently unable to kick or even walk, then making a miraculous recovery when Dawson converted the goal should be the last person making medical diagnoses on behalf of other people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back