Preview Round 1, 2024 vs West Coast Eagles @ Adelaide Oval 17/3/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years gone by we have whinged we haven’t given young blokes a crack, Jones athleticism far outweighs most in or list and needs exposure to improve and time to develop decision making under pressure, it’s round 1 against last years spooners and we are sooking it up he is getting a run?

Mead needs A Grade minutes and we are calling it an uninspired selection?

We have played Finlayson over Sweet which we were all fearful of Sweet playing with Soldo and being to top heavy.

I’m the biggest Hinkley hater but this is hardly a selected team to blow up about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A past player kicking the first goal, pretty much the only part of the “match day experience” that I actually take notice of other than the game itself, deemed surplus to requirements in 2024 by the club’s marketing boffins.

In favour of an 11-minute Welcome to Country and of course, the “March for human rights”.

Probably a decision made by a focus group, corporate consultant or heaven forbid, the Woohoo Company.

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 74
I'm happy that Mead made the team. I cant' wait to see him in the middle for a bit.
Jones is needed down back for some pace.
Williams will just have to wait his turn.
Evans is a surprise selection. Maybe the coaching staff is worried about the depth at small forward more than wing.
I would have Jase Burgoyne in the team over Evans but have no problem with him going back to the SANFL and polishing some of his game.

The rest of the selections have an air of fatalism to them.

We need a march for human rights carrying an effigy of John Butcher.

PLEASE NOTE alcohol not permitted at the Teal Light Disco

So we have chosen it because no one else goes there.

American Crime Story Impeachment GIF by FX Networks

Evans inclusion is just weird in that he wasn't selected when playing well last season and now has been selected despite not showing much in the practice games

It's not really weird at all. He's clearly seen as 5th on the small forward depth chart behind Rioli, McEntee, Byrne-Jones and Powell-Pepper. When one of them doesn't play he normally gets a chance to step up.

It's not really weird at all. He's clearly seen as 5th on the small forward depth chart behind Rioli, McEntee, Byrne-Jones and Powell-Pepper. When one of them doesn't play he normally gets a chance to step up.
If only we ever actually picked players based on their performances rather than on a baseless immovable depth chart.

Friendly reminder that Evans kicked more goals in the second Showdown last year than McEntee did in his last 11(!) games combined. And Evans was dropped after that game.

In favour of an 11-minute Welcome to Country and of course, the “March for human rights”.
Or you know, its a stanadard Welcome to Country that is played before every game, it just happens to occur 11 minutes before the team run out. Which is actually a time period that includes West Coast running out onto the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back