Review Round 2, 2024 vs Richmond - Boak’s 350th

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw nothing that suggests any real change we never exude the synergy real premiership contenders exhibit.

Waste momentum & kick like that against contenders we'll get taken care of quite easily as usual.
It’s round 2 and a solid win at the G. We will know a lot more after next week against the Dees. They look great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly game but did enough in the end.

Usual suspects did well aka the midfield. Butters, Rozee, Drew, Wines all impactful at stages.

Soldo terrible first half, much better second half. Ditto Marshall, ditto Finlayson.

DBJ good.

Houston good.

Zerk-Thatcher good.

Burton atrocious. Farrell would want to be better than that too.

I thought Farrell and Burton were good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The second quarter was awful but apart from that it wasn’t too bad. Richmond played a lot better than I was expecting.

The first quarter wasn’t great from a conversion point of view but we dominated general play. Second half we finally got our s**t together and started making the most of our opportunities.

30 point win, I’ll take it.

It’s more of a make port look as bad as you can even when they win.
Another disappointing day for the bedwetters.
Mate us bedwetters will continue to have a valid point, at least until that elusive day when Port wins a preliminary final.

I thought Farrell and Burton were good.

Didn't see all the half hearted efforts from Burton? The times he literally forgot the ball? Farrell did a heck of a lot of running around for cheap possessions without hurting the Oppo, and then when put under pressure he coughed up a bunch of handballs and fumbles that cost us goals.

Honestly as a fan of Burton, it was probably the worst game he's ever played. Seriously the moment he allowed the guy behind him to mark, just clearing space for him in the 3rd was actually horrendous. Then there was the cross from Mead he literally just pulled out of, it was worse than the biggest Amon squib we ever saw and that was just a couple of the moments. There were more.

I like these weekends when Port wins and the Crows lose - should happen more often.

The result in Dunstan wasn't bad either.

Anyone else wondering if Tredders has been in Todd's ear about leading patterns and early body contact on oppo

setting up easier marking options. Looks a different player to me. Mead looking more at ease out there, Drew was great

and BZT too.

Burton was awful, looks like he doesn’t give a *, and has lost so much pace.
Bergman needs to get a move on.
No point playing Williams as sub, he needs a full game to get moving.
Haven’t been a fan of Evans but thought he did well today.
Liked Marshal game.
Drew was excellent.
Rozee was poor.

Had my doubts about BZT , my mate a Dons supporter reckons he was the worse FB in the Comp , but his first 2 efforts for us have been good .
I reckon it’s his decision making with ball in hand that got them. He definitely doesn’t seem like a safe distributor but we don’t need him to be that, just a lock down defender.

Also the Essendon mids were allergic to getting back inside D50 too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back