Preview Round 2, 2024 vs Richmond changes & pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Clurey around the team shows the coaching staff is still going pick the team in a bizarre way.

What has he done to warrant selection?
I honestly think it's because he hasn't warranted selection. He's not in their plans for this year, so with the late-ish out of JFH, he's picked as the player to sit out this week, while everyone else gets much needed match fitness.

If there is a late out, we'll have sub Clurey coming on in the 4th quarter.

Only good thing about JHF being out is Mead will get more mid time , I’ve quite like him around the packs but he hasn’t had the fitness or power to do it for long enough , we’ll see if that’s improved

Young player not knowing what's a small twinge/bad cramp/ light strain is very common
Shame but as a holder.of Wines is fantasy this is good news
The decision should be taken out of the players hands. Especially if they were aware he pulled up ‘tight’ after the game.

I honestly think it's because he hasn't warranted selection. He's not in their plans for this year, so with the late-ish out of JFH, he's picked as the player to sit out this week, while everyone else gets much needed match fitness.

If there is a late out, we'll have sub Clurey coming on in the 4th quarter.
I get it but it just doesn't make sense to me.

It's seems almost cruel.

Basically Cluzza, we don't want you playing in the team because you're not very good but we want you as an emergency and the only chance of you getting a game is if someone does their hammy in the warm up and we wouldn't really want you playing anyway as we have better options but they played SANFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond's mids a bit depleted also... i don't mind chucking Mead in there. It's prob better than him trying to play HFF. Or maybe unleash Boak in there and put Mead on the wing.

I'd like to see Burgoyne get a full game and follow Bolton around. Would be a good experience for him and a chance to see if he can keep up with the pace

And given the SANFL trial is tonight, I can see all emergencies travelling.

But if your theory is correct, why not Sinn? He is the future we want to hang onto.
Sinn has no future lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back