Preview Round 22 vs GWS Changes & Pre-Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

* there are a lot of drama queens on here

All that matters are wins and losses, seems like such a waste of energy getting irate over whether a b grade player like hayes is injured or not.

How does it come at any surprise that injury lists and info from clubs about injuries isn’t always truthful. Anyone been tracking the Clayton Oliver situation over the past several weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We haven't had a single win that mattered in the last 11 years m8.

Every win matters to me. Some more than others obviously.

But going by your logic wouldn’t it be 19 years? Unless there were some really important wins in 2012 I missed?

With no ruck for the game i would expect JHF and Wines to play more foward for support, then they would play boak inside a little bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes?

What clubs do you think have a Georgiades level of quality at #4 or Lord at #5 on their key forward depth chart?

This might be yet another case of Port supporters not understanding how good the average key forward is
What clubs have Marshall and Dixon as 1and 2.
Georgiadis - if he stays - hadn’t blown me away and frankly I think Butcher was a better kick than Lord
But hey
Eye of the beholder and all that

IMG_6103.jpeg IMG_6104.jpeg

Last edited:
What clubs have Marshall and Dixon as 1and 2.
Georgiadis - if he stays - hadn’t blown me away and frankly I think Butcher was a better kick than Lord
But hey
Eye of the beholder and all that

View attachment 1771649View attachment 1771658
We have 3 key forwards on the depth chart ahead of these guys. This is a discussion about depth. How many teams have a better 4th and 5th KPF?

* there are a lot of drama queens on here

All that matters are wins and losses, seems like such a waste of energy getting irate over whether a b grade player like hayes is injured or not.

How does it come at any surprise that injury lists and info from clubs about injuries isn’t always truthful. Anyone been tracking the Clayton Oliver situation over the past several weeks?

Bullshit.

If a team wins 16 games in a season, and gets bundled out in finals and another team wins 14 games, and the grand final which team does the game celebrate?

It’s not just about wins and losses. The game demands you win games when it counts. And so far we’ve failed to do that, and there’s really concerning signs this year will go the same way.

Also, it’s not just about being untruthful with injuries, what’s concerning and what they’re taking issue with here is the handling of the ruck situation after years of ******* that up.

If Hayes is fit , why isn’t he playing? If he’s not fit why is he named on the emergencies

There’s zero to be gained by playing games here, gws aren’t changing their structure based around us naming Hayes or not.

And teakle not being named I’m fine with, he’s useless. But the fact we pumped a bunch of games into him over Hayes, then have totally abandoned him now is bizarre. It’s like we’re just throwing darts blind.

We have 3 key forwards on the depth chart ahead of these guys. This is a discussion about depth. How many teams have a better 4th and 5th KPF?
Yes.
Just because these spuds tend to have career best games whenever they play us, doesn't mean they are top quality.

They are bog average donkeys most of the time.

Pass!

Lord has been able to do 2 things.
  • Take multiple marks inside 50
  • Stop his opponent from taking marks

These are incredibly important traits in the modern AFL for a key forward.

He only needs to improve in 2 areas to be a long term AFL player.
  • Get involved more
  • Convert his opportunities.

First one comes with time.
Second comes with practice and confidence.

We have found a player in Lord, it's just up to him how far he goes.

Hopefully, i just don't see how if that's all a forward has to offer that's enough to give them a game of AFL. Ken didn't play a young ruckman from memory (cant think who) because they weren't ready, i'm surprised they think lord is.

Lord has been able to do 2 things.
  • Take multiple marks inside 50
  • Stop his opponent from taking marks

These are incredibly important traits in the modern AFL for a key forward.

He only needs to improve in 2 areas to be a long term AFL player.
  • Get involved more
  • Convert his opportunities.

First one comes with time.
Second comes with practice and confidence.

We have found a player in Lord, it's just up to him how far he goes.
Guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens in “the future”

Bullshit.

If a team wins 16 games in a season, and gets bundled out in finals and another team wins 14 games, and the grand final which team does the game celebrate?

It’s not just about wins and losses. The game demands you win games when it counts. And so far we’ve failed to do that, and there’s really concerning signs this year will go the same way.

Also, it’s not just about being untruthful with injuries, what’s concerning and what they’re taking issue with here is the handling of the ruck situation after years of ******* that up.

If Hayes is fit , why isn’t he playing? If he’s not fit why is he named on the emergencies

There’s zero to be gained by playing games here, gws aren’t changing their structure based around us naming Hayes or not.

And teakle not being named I’m fine with, he’s useless. But the fact we pumped a bunch of games into him over Hayes, then have totally abandoned him now is bizarre. It’s like we’re just throwing darts blind.

Willsy10 is definitely right about drama queens on here, little doubt of that. Could base a reality TV show on our drama queens.

Last edited:
What a pathetic post. His marking actually looks elite from exposed VFL form. Kicking needs work. He was fumbly below knees against Cats. Plenty to work with though.

You literally just agreed with what i said in my post. Fumbly and cant kick which says to me he's not quite ready. He is not an elite mark where are you pulling that from.

Reading this sounds like it will be Lord and Finlayson in ruck. We really need Finlayson up forward.

Hinkley: This group believes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back