Preview Changes & Pre-Match Discussion for Round 9 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Fabian deluca has that record lol
Bonus fact: Teakle's opponent has been the opposition team's highest SC scorer in every full game he's played, except against Essendon where Teakle's opponent was 'only' the second highest SC scorer.

Further bonus fact: Teakle's opponent has received the clear most coaches votes for the opposition team in every full game he's played, except against Essendon, where his opponent 'only' had the equal most coaches votes for the opposition.

The free kicks from the 2013 game are on youtube. 2nd and 3rd quarters are unbelievable. Free kick count in the top right.

The sad thing is this game is just one of about half a dozen where we have been absolutely crucified by the umpires in a game against North.

Bonus fact: Teakle's opponent has been the opposition team's highest SC scorer in every full game he's played, except against Essendon where Teakle's opponent was 'only' the second highest SC scorer.

Further bonus fact: Teakle's opponent has received the clear most coaches votes for the opposition team in every full game he's played, except against Essendon, where his opponent 'only' had the equal most coaches votes for the opposition.
With the added context that Essendon play 2 genuine rucks.

Like how is this not the most talked about stat in the media?

I guess other than the fact no one gives a fk about Port but it’s really quite remarkable

Both Essendon's rucks had more fantasy points than teakle, including an absolute spud playing second banana, who also nearly won the game with a late set shot. He's building some sort of resume.

No surprises at selection.

They’re obviously persisting with Teakle until lycett is ready to return so he was never getting dropped for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its actual madness we are playing him. Can the coaches all * off already.

You stick at something long enough you get good at it.

Teakle will end up ok.

We are also aided by the fact we have never had 3 mids going around at the same time that are as good as Butters Rozee and JHF and we will never have 3 going around this good again.

Feeling very benevolent towards our current coach and if Josh wants to play Teakle for as long as it takes to click I'm ok with it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we exhume the corpse of whichever Cloke brother it was that suited up for us once in us the ruck? Maybe he's stuck at it long enough to get good at it?

I keep forgetting Clurey is on the list. and on a long contract. WTF are we doing playing McKenzie?
We know that McKenzie can be injury prone, so it’s handy having Tommy there. I’ve always had a soft spot for our Tommy! Further down the track Tommy could be our Magpies captain, similar to Sutcliffe’s position.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Teakle, Jonas and McKenzie play.
Also if Wines can get some form up and running.
Also Evans playing a full game. See if he can grab the bull by the horns.
How the Hornet responds to the rubbish.
And how the boys support him.

Looking at the side in the sanfl, looks like we might have a few late outs

Dixon, Butters and Jonas.. mead, jones and lord

this match is starting to get smelly

No surprises at selection.

They’re obviously persisting with Teakle until lycett is ready to return so he was never getting dropped for this game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wrong !
Ken the Almighty will bring in Hayes for the Melbourne game, then go “see he needs to work on his game” 🤬

No Dixon is a massive loss, geez i hope the cocky vibe on here about percentage and 100 point wins doesn't come back to bite. Imagine how insufferable the Norf fans will be if they win.

No Dixon and Rioli is two major avenue to goal that are gone and the replacements are by far inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back