Preview Round 2, 2024 vs Richmond changes & pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting thing is that he ability as a forward was never in question. Not during his junior days and not doing his time in SANFL as a forward either. He probably didn't transfer his freakish skills from u18s to SANFL but he was still effective.

He's also not exactly slow, probably same pace as DBJ. They aren't the fastest but labelling them slow is also not the right term imo.

The issue with Williams as a forward in AFL, after his debut against Swans, was his endurance and strength, both of which are now AFL standard as he showed last year.

I highly doubt whether we'd do it. But I think I'd have Williams as a forward permanently. His footy smarts are above what I've seen ever from DBJ or McEntee plus he's got some good overhead marking ability.
DBJ is actually very fast. Williams is nowhere near his pace.

There are two areas of interest.

First is ruck support for Soldo. Dixon should not be an option. Finlayson seemed to have cost us goals when in ruck. The question is whether Sweet can offer more than Finlayson overall to the team. I would not be surprised is we try Sweet.

McEntees replacement. Before injury, I would not have been surprised if we tried Charleson. I appreciate we have him down as a mid. I am going with him to replace McEntee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be an interesting game.

My predictions:
Soldo will at least break even with Nankervis
Port midfield will be too quick & slick for Tiges
Dixon might manhandle an under-manned Tiger backline with Young & Gibcus out & news that Yze wants to keep Balta forward
Lynch might kick a few goals

Tipping Port in my head but Tiges in my heart because it's at the G.

Do they rest Boak so his 350th is at home?
We will give him a nice warm Richmond welcome at the G on Sunday.
Looking forward to seeing Soldo again. Was great last week and will you plenty.
We're garbage. Pear by 39 points.

First is ruck support for Soldo. Dixon should not be an option. Finlayson seemed to have cost us goals when in ruck. The question is whether Sweet can offer more than Finlayson overall to the team. I would not be surprised is we try Sweet.
It really is a battle between Sweet and Finlayson while Ollie Lord patiently heals.

As you said, it really is the difference between the poor ruck work of Finny and those results but his general work around the ground which could be in multiple positions against a genuine 2nd ruck and his supposedly little worth up forward.

He lives near me and walks his dog at the park, I will pass on your comments!
I imagine it going down like the "Why are you gay?" guy.

"Why are you s**t?"
"Who says i'm s**t?"
"........You are s**t."

My predictions:
Dixon might manhandle an under-manned Tiger backline with Young & Gibcus out & news that Yze wants to keep Balta forward

its at the mcg, so what? we beat them there last year, we have improved, they have declined.

My predictions:

Pretty sure we're better at the MCG than at AO.

Pretty sure we're better at the MCG than at AO.

Nah we're actually pretty dodgy at the MCG. We prefer the smaller grounds like Marvel and the SCG. Even the GABBA barring the Oppenheimer finals series we're normally pretty competitive at. Bigger grounds like the MCG, Optus and Adelaide Oval we struggle.

Nah we're actually pretty dodgy at the MCG. We prefer the smaller grounds like Marvel and the SCG. Even the GABBA barring the Oppenheimer finals series we're normally pretty competitive at. Bigger grounds like the MCG, Optus and Adelaide Oval we struggle.
Adelaide Oval big? probably in length but pretty narrow wings or short boundaries square if you are talking cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back