Preview Changes & Pre-Match Discussion for Round 9 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Toddy to tear the McKay 'twins' a new one, simultaneously boosting our percentage and slashing McKay's FA value for the end of the year.

No Charlie is huge. Such a shame that Georgie is hurt.
yeah massive out for us talent and structural wise

huge responsibility on marshall, needs to get back to 2022 form

teakle needs to at least resemble an afl footballer this week or at least compete like an afl footballer

ill take any sort of win at this stage, anything, dont care how ugly just get the win

The despicable way he umpired the infamous Port v Carlton game at the MCG in 2015 is probably to blame for that. (The irony being that a few years later it was a Carlton fan who received a ban for abusing Nichols calling him a bald-headed flog).

And the fact that up until 2019 Nicholls had umpired 36 Port games with Port winning just 4 of them. He created the well trodden path that other umpires now blindly follow in giving us the raw end of the stick.

He's the only umpire whose number (15) I know.
There was a bit of comment among the crowd at the Essendon game when Nicholls came out so it seems most of us know him. And FWIW a bit of warmth for Razor Ray.

No Dixon is hardly a surprise. Wasn't moving easily v Essendon. So Lord gets another go, interesting.
Except they are saying this is a new injury that he picked up at training during the week, which was a minor strain to the quad? Nothing to do with his knee and how he was moving in the Essendon game, or are we not buying that?

Is the "quad strain" smoke and shadows behind the windows?

Except they are saying this is a new injury that he picked up at training during the week, which was a minor strain to the quad? Nothing to do with his knee and how he was moving in the Essendon game, or are we not buying that?

Is the "quad strain" smoke and shadows behind the windows?

No I believe the club are telling the absolute truth

We need him more against Melbourne.
He probably shouldn't have played against the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Dixon is a massive loss, geez i hope the cocky vibe on here about percentage and 100 point wins doesn't come back to bite. Imagine how insufferable the Norf fans will be if they win.

No Dixon and Rioli is two major avenue to goal that are gone and the replacements are by far inferior.
I haven't seen any cockiness, it's the opposite where we all think its a "what happened power" game

Yeah I wonder how much this is an injury and how much it is a rest for Charlie.

They just don't want to admit it IMO.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the injury today is made up. I was thinking Charlie might not play this week, and to omit him last night could be reported as Port cockiness resting a key player in a clash against a bottom 4 team. Watching last week Dixon got zero separation from his opponent in the first half and looked in all sorts, I'm presuming he had a jab at half time as the third quarter he could actually move a bit.

Surely Sam Gray comes in for Dixon?

No Dixon is a massive loss, geez i hope the cocky vibe on here about percentage and 100 point wins doesn't come back to bite. Imagine how insufferable the Norf fans will be if they win.

No Dixon and Rioli is two major avenue to goal that are gone and the replacements are by far inferior.
It's certainly changing the landscape. Georgiades, Dixon, Rioli, Fantasia out, plus Lycett out and thus Finlayson in ruck more. Given all that we're certainly impacted up forward heavily. Just winning is the goal, which is a shame because we will need percentage and playing the bottom side is the time you need to be banking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back