Preview Changes & Pre-Match Discussion Yartapuulti vs Narrm: Round 10, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If lycett is as awful as we expect, and teakle is unplayable... What would it take for Hayes to get a game
Lycett is over the hill, he's declining, but he's still a solid player. He just can't match it against the best.

Teakle is a total spud, and offers nothing other than someone who'll run around and jump and try and catch.

There's a fair difference there.

We should've invested the last few games into Dante, despite his lack of readiness, we'd be sitting here in a far better long term position had he been given that taste, and given Teakle contributed zero, it would've had no impact on the results we've had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unfortunately we lost out a first round draft pick we really needed to go after a decent ruck this year. one thing that’s seriously lacking.

gawn and Grundy are gonna have a field day in the middle.

Caro always has good intel on Port. I can't listen to 5aa but her segment on the thursday is worth the podcast downloade as she obviously has someone senior in the club sharing info. She mentioned she'd picked Port to win and then found out Charlie wasn't playing. Sounds like Charlie's not playing for a few weeks which might be a smarter decision in the long run.

Is it too late to turn Clurey into a forward? Joking, kind of. Pray for rain and that the cabin crew on the Narrn flight were infested with covid, gastro and the pox. This isn't going to be pretty. Our midfield can match theirs but I can't see who's going to kick the goals if Findlayson is sharing the ruck. It's going to be a ground ball scrap when we have it.

The person leaking info to Caro is Ken. He's been leaking info to her for years and in return she stays off his back and writes a puff piece about him every now and then.

As for the game, I'm feeling oddly confident tonight considering at the start of the week I expected to lose comfortably.

As for the game, I'm feeling oddly confident tonight considering at the start of the week I expected to lose comfortably.

It's weird isn't it, something about this game feels like it's winnable. No idea why I feel like that, perhaps it's a bit of over-confidence from the previous six weeks.

unfortunately we lost out a first round draft pick we really needed to go after a decent ruck this year. one thing that’s seriously lacking.

gawn and Grundy are gonna have a field day in the middle.
Don't know if you ever want to spend a first rounder on a ruck. They take so long to develop that you're projecting out 5-8 years before you get them to AFL standard. Only the rare freakish mobile tall types like Grundy and English go early, and even they went for very late first round picks.

If you're talking in a trade then that is equally fraught, because you've spent a huge amount of draft capital on someone that is generally late 20s, likely to get injured frequently and may not click in a different set up.

Port have spent late firsts on both Lobbe (8 years of development for about 2 passable years at senior level) and then Ryder (was a gun but took a while to gel, got banned and then was perpetually injured after one AA year).

Dissapointed Teakle isnt the sub
Perfect opportunity to be tactical with it

Or wouldve played Teakle instead of Lord with the view to sub out Lycett (still might happen with finlayson to ruck)

OK I know I've gone early for the past couple weeks on the Hinkleyball but if there was ever going to be a Hinkleyball game this is it. Friday night all of Australia watching. This will be a classic Hinkleyball game where we are 20 points down at half time but we've only scored 1-7.

I have no doubt that Colonel Stinkley will ruin this game with Hinkleyball, making sure that HE doesn't get embarrassed by a 15 goal pumping and HE will make the game unwatchable and give us no chance of winning. Even moreso if its wet.

If we show any attacking intent I think it will be a clear sign that somebody else is calling the shots.

Melbourne by 40pts with us never looking like we are going to win it and we will be lucky to kick 7 goals and even worse we will probably have to endure a we respect Melbournes they are a very good foosball club and we have to work hardery to be anywhere near as good as thems and Geelongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back