Review Round 10, 2023 vs Narrm

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Jonas given a one game suspension for something no-one has commentated on.

He has staying power - in, out, in, out, in, out, in.....
How many ins and outs before you do the hokey pokey?

In the same way I thought Robbie Gray’s suspension for a similar bump to be exaggerated.

This was a football accident. However, there’s precedent. This is at least one game suspension.

The AFL prefers that both players shock their heads. Go figure…

Not sure how it works in Brazil but it is a good thing that the AFL do not administer our traffic laws in Australia. If they did a motorist who is involved in a genuine traffic accident would have his or her licence suspended.

As I have posted previously the AFL policy is nothing to do with player well being or safety but all about the AFL covering it's arse in the face of pending law suits. They want to be able to get up in court and point to the fact that they are doing everything possible to minimise head injury.

As I have posted previously the AFL policy is nothing to do with player well being or safety but all about the AFL covering it's arse in the face of pending law suits. They want to be able to get up in court and point to the fact that they are doing everything possible to minimise head injury.

But they are bad at that as well… 🙈

Pardon the pun but that was a bloody good win.

The midfield is in good hands for many years to come.

And what’s with the uproar over a couple decisions that went our way, we rarely ever win the free kick count and I thought there were just as many baffling decisions that went against us.

And lord’s mark would be paid 9 times out of 10. Looked fine to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After the mark that was paid to Samson on Saturday night, anything is fair game.

What a great effort and great win.

To quote Jim Nantz from 1997, that was - a win for the ages. I doubt I will be quoting Jim's other 5 word phrase, from 2001 - as grand as it gets - for awhile though, but so what.

No Dixon, Marshall, Rioli, Georgiades and Fantasia playing against one of the best back lines in the league and our young mid field up against the best midfield in the league over the last 2 1/2 seasons in Gawn, Grundy, Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Langdon, Hunter, etc, that was a grinding against the odds win in the true Port Adelaide tradition. Not in a mickey mouse name way.

Forwards kicked 6 goals - Lord and Finlayson 2, SPP and Burton 1 - Mids kicked 4 - Butters 2, Rozee and JHF 1 and HBer Houston 1.

I said to a couple of guys at work on Friday if we can kick 12 goals, probably more than half have to come from the midfielders and somehow hold their midfield we can pinch it, but the odds are against us. Could have kicked 3 or 4 more from set shots.

I don't care who gets the credit for the turn around, be it Hinkley or Carr or Bassett, but finally we are starting to win games when we are challenged late in the game and can hang on, or can come from behind to win.

I will put it more down to Rozee, Butters, JHF, Drew, Willams, SPP etc driving the change in mindset and not the loser mentality we have had in the past, when the going gets too tough.

Its only mid May, and we don't want to peak here, September is when we have to also play like Friday night, and a few more losses are coming our way no doubt, but the young guys are delivering. That building the best U/23 squad that started after we capitulated from 11-4 in 2018, to miss finals is starting to take shape.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be watching the replay in the next day or so but not looking forward to listening to the Fox commentary. Have sometimes thought it would be good to watch the game listening to Timmy G and Tredrea. Anyone got info about how I could record the AA commentary while I'm at the game so I could listen to it later?

So there's no problem, and you're just calling out other posters for the content of their posts, even though it doesn't bother you?

It must be hard for you being such a big-brain intellect.
You must have problems with comprehension. As I previously said, I was responding to a poster not calling out the content. Mush for brain obviously you have.

.... I don't care who gets the credit for the turn around, be it Hinkley or Carr or Bassett, but finally we are starting to win games when we are challenged late in the game and can hang on, or can come from behind to win ...
Still early days with this stuff but I feel it's a bit what Collingwood switched onto under McRae. I'm waiting to see if the footy media picks up on this because I'm too invested in Port to trust I'm seeing it clearly. In 2020 we won 4 games by less than a goal and a few others by not much more. But that seemed different, more just surviving.

Last edited:
Still early days with this stuff but I feel it's a bit what Collingwood switched onto under McRae. I'm waiting to see if the footy media picks up on this because I'm too invested in Port to trust I'm seeing it clearly. In 202 we won 4 games by less than a goal and a few others by not much more. But that seemed different, more just surviving.
I haven’t checked this out, but it would be interesting to see how many of those wins were games where we had been in front anyway and just hung on to win by the last few points, where this year we have been able to come from behind to win.

Watching the replay and Clayton Oliver's stupid face after every umpire call is tied with BTs stupid voice for most annoying thing about the game

Still early days with this stuff but I feel it's a bit what Collingwood switched onto under McRae. I'm waiting to see if the footy media picks up on this because I'm too invested in Port to trust I'm seeing it clearly. In 202 we won 4 games by less than a goal and a few others by not much more. But that seemed different, more just surviving.

Mcrae was on the bench for Richmond during there premiership era and once he left the bench role they stopped winning close games and tigers had leppitch who's now also at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back