Autopsy Round 20, 2023 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not comparing the two, I'm just a bit over every man and his dog being given a forum to express an opinion on this, irrespective of their medical knowledge and involvement in the the whole process.

But Murphy who was paid a free for a high tackle he ducked in to, writhed around on the ground apparently unable to kick or even walk, then making a miraculous recovery when Dawson converted the goal should be the last person making medical diagnoses on behalf of other people.

I assume you’re talking about the first showdown this year.

Murphy got clobbered - he wasn’t ducking into a tackle,
and if you watch the vision he was clearly distressed.

A free kick and a report resulted.

Basically don’t do stupid in the last minute of a game.

I don’t like seeing anyone injured and am of the firm belief Aliir should not have gone back on.
At a minimum it makes us look incompetent and after the last 3 weeks, we don’t need any help in that dept from the medicos unfortunately.

I assume you’re talking about the first showdown this year.

Murphy got clobbered - he wasn’t ducking into a tackle,
and if you watch the vision he was clearly distressed.

A free kick and a report resulted.

Basically don’t do stupid in the last minute of a game.

I don’t like seeing anyone injured and am of the firm belief Aliir should not have gone back on.
At a minimum it makes us look incompetent and after the last 3 weeks, we don’t need any help in that dept from the medicos unfortunately.

It was last year, it was a rubbish call and he was distressed for as long as it took for Dawson to take the kick.

I get that the Aliir/Jones decision was a bad look but seriously on what planet is it normal to ask him about an opposition club's actions at his own press conference. It is going through an AFL process, so he can keep his opinions to himself.

I don't recall us being asked to comment on Walker's racist attack on Robbie Young.

It was last year, it was a rubbish call and he was distressed for as long as it took for Dawson to take the kick.

I get that the Aliir/Jones decision was a bad look but seriously on what planet is it normal to ask him about an opposition club's actions at his own press conference. It is going through an AFL process, so he can keep his opinions to himself.

I don't recall us being asked to comment on Walker's racist attack on Robbie Young.
My bad
Yes - last year.
My despondency has blurred the years into one long disaster.

Funny how now the club admits to mistake... like I said- win at all costs was the mentality of the cheer leading doctor. Should be suspended too!!

I'm not comparing the two, I'm just a bit over every man and his dog being given a forum to express an opinion on this, irrespective of their medical knowledge and involvement in the the whole process.

But Murphy who was paid a free for a high tackle he ducked in to, writhed around on the ground apparently unable to kick or even walk, then making a miraculous recovery when Dawson converted the goal should be the last person making medical diagnoses on behalf of other people.
And it was still a blow to his ribs...

Just a post saying we got thumped by a team who havent beaten anyone above 17th in the last two months, who were missing a bunch of their good players
I don’t see Adelaide like that at all, I think they’re actually pretty good and Nicks knows how to beat us both Marshall and Findlayson struggled to get free of their defenders the entire game. Adelaide lost to Collingwood by a point and two points proving they knew what they were doing. They got within a goal of Melbourne at the G. They’ve beaten Brisbane and Carlton. If they make the finals and we have to play them we’re done.

It’s definitely important to discuss head trauma and show concern but when crows supporters come on here pretending they give a s**t about the welfare of our players it’s seriously infuriating because they are clearly being the insufferable arse hats they always seem to be after a showdown win.

It’s like how disgusted at the level of racism, abuse or violence that is witnessed at a showdown when it’s directed at them but you hear crickets the other way. They showed they don’t give a s**t about racism with the Tex Walker incident. They are simply flogs coming on here to dance on our grave. Get absolutely ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Particularly when they were booing Aliir for most of the game. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Just had a thought - we could have been embarrassed twice in the Prison Bars this year if they got their initial wish to wear them for both Showdowns.

And how would you describe a club welcoming back a racist because he's good at kicking goals...
The thing I struggle most with the racist who kicks goals is the crowd who loves him unabashedly particularly when he’s standing next to a person of colour that they are choosing to boo. Taylor Walker is the same guy who after years of indigenous education within the AFL chose to revert to a racist comment to a black man. He’s rotten to the core.

Funny how now the club admits to mistake... like I said- win at all costs was the mentality of the cheer leading doctor. Should be suspended too!!
Lol duty of care duty of care from the very same people that sent their players away for psychological abuse from untrained cowboys

Go and absolutely and I can’t emphasise this enough * yourself hypocritical s**t bag

Can somebody raise a TEX IS GREATER THAN THE PAFC banner at the game next week alongside a SACK HINKLEY BANNER.
I still havent recovered from being covered in sh*t from last weeks game.
I am really really pissed man what a disgusting coaching and playing effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't recall which posters were involved but in response to some who suggested the tingles could come from behind us within a few seasons I have recollections of some fairly strong exchanges of opinion, but unfortunately that now has to be a possibility as it wouldn't be the first time a team has come from the clouds from one season to the next with only a few personnel changes to areas of need.

I'm not going to check on the win/loss record between us and the tingles when kern took over, but as mentioned earlier it was about 6 wins in our favour which they turned around very quickly, so his overall record in showdowns now has to be something like 8 in the negative.

I suspect if a carlton or collingwood coach were involved in a turnaround like that in clashes between those clubs during their term, that unless they had made a gf ( which in the wobbler's case they probably would have needed to win) they would have been given the rissole well before it got that bad, and any contract extensions would have been highly unlikely.

They got within a goal of Melbourne at the G. They’ve beaten Brisbane and Carlton. If they make the finals and we have to play them we’re done.
Melbourne put the queue in the rack. And the Crows had a big come back that almost got there, but not quite. You know, the patented Hinkley kind that Port has had for many years.

They beat Brisbane and Carlton at Adelaide Oval. I mean Brisbane travel about as well as the Crows do.

Port inside 50's - 65
Adelaide rebound 50's - 55

Adelaide inside 50's - 56
Port rebound 50's - 39

Port inside 50's per scoring shot - 3.25
Adelaide inside 50's per scoring shot - 1.75

Port inside 50's per goal - 7.22
Adelaide inside 50's per goal - 3.50

9 more inside 50s and a 47 point loss. Classic Hinkleyball. We are the same as we have always been

our position is artificially inflated by a low percentage kick after the siren vs Essendon, Aliirs long reach and Sydney prematurely ejaculating and a bunch of other less than a goal scrape ins

Sack Hinkley

The thing I struggle most with the racist who kicks goals is the crowd who loves him unabashedly particularly when he’s standing next to a person of colour that they are choosing to boo. Taylor Walker is the same guy who after years of indigenous education within the AFL chose to revert to a racist comment to a black man. He’s rotten to the core.
Yep, and then you see Adelaide fans on Twitter and other social media cesspits talking about how people pointing out that Taylor is a racist are just haters and don't care that "he's made amends". So what if he feels bad about it, if you do something as dumb as vilifying an indigenous man then that isn't going to be washed away in the minds of the public. That 6 week suspension was only part of the penalty, the other penalty is having to see his name forever linked with racially vilifying someone.

It's not like a 6 week sensitivity training course would make a difference to a bloke who had spent 10+ years in the system where they're told over and over that being racist is wrong and needs to be stamped out. If it didn't sink in over 10+ years then 6 weeks wouldn't have done much more, sure the public shaming might've stung, but he's hardly been made a pariah.

Yep, and then you see Adelaide fans on Twitter and other social media cesspits talking about how people pointing out that Taylor is a racist are just haters and don't care that "he's made amends". So what if he feels bad about it, if you do something as dumb as vilifying an indigenous man then that isn't going to be washed away in the minds of the public. That 6 week suspension was only part of the penalty, the other penalty is having to see his name forever linked with racially vilifying someone.

It's not like a 6 week sensitivity training course would make a difference to a bloke who had spent 10+ years in the system where they're told over and over that being racist is wrong and needs to be stamped out. If it didn't sink in over 10+ years then 6 weeks wouldn't have done much more, sure the public shaming might've stung, but he's hardly been made a pariah.
These are the same people that wanted the banana throwers head on a pike

Port inside 50's - 65
Adelaide rebound 50's - 55

Adelaide inside 50's - 56
Port rebound 50's - 39

Port inside 50's per scoring shot - 3.25
Adelaide inside 50's per scoring shot - 1.75

Port inside 50's per goal - 7.22
Adelaide inside 50's per goal - 3.50

9 more inside 50s and a 47 point loss. Classic Hinkleyball. We are the same as we have always been

our position is artificially inflated by a low percentage kick after the siren vs Essendon, Aliirs long reach and Sydney prematurely ejaculating and a bunch of other less than a goal scrape ins

Sack Hinkley
Adelaide literally has the best conversion for goal per inside 50 in the competition.

Their conversion for goal per inside 50 is 26.10% for the season. Port Adelaide is 22.81%. This includes the performance in the Showdown.

Adelaide went at 28.57% - slightly above their average for the year - against Port Adelaide, who went at 13.8% for the game - a full 9% worse in front of goal than normal and their worst performance for the season. If we went at our average performance we would have kicked 15 goals.

vs Collingwood - 21.05%
vs Carlton - 16.13%
vs Gold Coast - 25.40%
vs Essendon - 20%
vs Geelong - 27.12%
vs Western Bulldogs - 29.63%
vs Hawthorn - 32.39%
vs Richmond - 14.93%
vs Melbourne - 18.03%

vs North Melbourne - 33.99%
vs Essendon - 18.52%
vs St Kilda - 24.50%