Preview Changes & Pre-Match Discussion for Round 9 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staggering to think this game has been beat up by the media all this week.

Why? JHF! If it were any other game against Norf it would be a meh, watch the reply later.

Sure, there'll be a bit of heat early, then I expect us to run out easy victors.

Experienced players like Boak, Wines, Burton, DBJ, SPP, Houston, McKenzie, Aliir and dare I say it Jonas need to stand up this week and treat this like a final.

Anything but a win will be unacceptable.

Why? JHF! If it were any other game against Norf it would be a meh, watch the reply later.

Sure, there'll be a bit of heat early, then I expect us to run out easy victors.

Experienced players like Boak, Wines, Burton, DBJ, SPP, Houston, McKenzie, Aliir and dare I say it Jonas need to stand up this week and treat this like a final.

Marketing.

The perfect "What happened Ports?" scenario.
Almost every time we set any sort of expectations we make a mess of it.

A wise man once said "Those with low expectations are seldom disappointed"

Can't kick it Charlie, so kick it to Toddy, but who will be the diversion this week? Ollie?
Ollie Lord. To be honest he did that reasonably well against St Kilda in Marshall's absence. He kept enough separation from Dixon that his man wasn't able to help double team Dixon.

Something Marshall and Georgiades don't do well. Marshall goes to the contest and sets up to try and rove the contest, which just results in marking the ball being even harder for Charlie because of Marshall's opponent. Georgiades sees the packs that form around Dixon as too tempting to sit on them for the big fly.

Except they are saying this is a new injury that he picked up at training during the week, which was a minor strain to the quad? Nothing to do with his knee and how he was moving in the Essendon game, or are we not buying that?

Is the "quad strain" smoke and shadows behind the windows?
His has been playing banged up, ideal game to rest (and not travel).
I reckon he came back early because the Marshall was concussed.

Good 'evans said the Lord.

Play Teakle up forward as a decoy.

Drags one of the North defenders away from Hot Toddy

Jez can play in ruck and concede the ruck contests and can then run Goldstein off his feet when the ball hits the ground.
He has been doing that; last week he marked in the back-line and then went forward to stop Drapper double teaming on Charlie.
Where Teakle had three marks to Drapper's two.

Given our recent history I'd actually prefer it if they didn't treat it like a final.

It's certainly changing the landscape. Georgiades, Dixon, Rioli, Fantasia out, plus Lycett out and thus Finlayson in ruck more. Given all that we're certainly impacted up forward heavily. Just winning is the goal, which is a shame because we will need percentage and playing the bottom side is the time you need to be banking it.
Good 'evans!
Time to unleash Frank the Tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to LORD playing I think he has something to offer.
He will need to get into the game rather than sitting back and letting the more experienced players to set the pace.

Bonus fact: Teakle's opponent has been the opposition team's highest SC scorer in every full game he's played, except against Essendon where Teakle's opponent was 'only' the second highest SC scorer.

Further bonus fact: Teakle's opponent has received the clear most coaches votes for the opposition team in every full game he's played, except against Essendon, where his opponent 'only' had the equal most coaches votes for the opposition.
He's also going at 100% win rate

Manage our expectations. After my season expectation of where we would be we are out performing. I don’t care about the margin as long as we win. If it’s a blow out just a bonus. Just keeping banking the wins to 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back