Preview Round 13 Changes & Pre-Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breust should have kicked seven in a side that was being slaughtered, perhaps a message is being sent , not defensively tight enuf? Anyways some interesting selections over recent weeks and certainly not the old tired predictability of past.

I for one am enjoying the fact that the side is being experimented with. Burton will be back soon enuf, too good a player to leave out, interested to see if he is rested this week or plays in 2s.

The dropping of Burton is at least consistent with what now appears to be a much more ruthless selection policy, and as long as that consistency remains and eg Jonas isn't reinstated after a couple of average games at the Maggies to struggle at AFL level, and they waste games on him that could have been given to a younger and better player before making the hard decision on him again I'm ok with it!

Last edited:

IN: T Boak, C Dixon
OUT: R Bonner, R Burton, O Lord (omitted)

Emergencies:
R Burton 3, R Bonner 26, O Lord 30, F Evans 31

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Bruce also an in for them lol

Bonner or Evans will be sub.

The fact every named player (including emergencies) except Burton was pictured in the captain's run MND pic too, tells me that he was being tested from that. It's gotta be injury/freshen up related.

I said after the Richmond game that Burton's spot should be up for grabs. He has been poor defensively, especially in 1v1s.
I wonder if the faster pace of Marvel that they were concerned he was going to get caught behind his opponent with all the transition play.

That being said, I'm not sure if Jones/Sinn have done enough.

Will be interesting to see how it goes and how our backline holds up with the faster pace. It has felt like our weak link all year.

The upside of Dixon and Boak in is enormous. We are at full strength pretty much now.
If you look at our side VS last time we played them, we were also equally strong, if not arguably stronger back then.

Jones, Sinn are in for Burton and Duursma vs last time we played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back