Preview Round 13 Changes & Pre-Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to assume Burton is being given a half off as a rest. Not a bad player to be the sub.

Other changes make sense, although I think Bonner has probably been good enough to keep his place over Sinn. I guess we'll see how Sinn plays, he's clearly very highly rated and I have to support getting talented kids into the side and getting games into them.

Burton does not deserve to be dropped at all, wtf. Sinn also should not be in the 22 yet.

I like Burton a lot, but it doesnt surprise me. He has had quite a few goals kicked on him recently.

I wouldnt have thought Sinn was a first 22 as yet either - maybe its just giviung Burton a kick up the bum and he plays as sub.

Aliir has to go to Lobb, McKenzie most likely to Naughton, I think they will play Jones on Ugle-Hagan as he has played on tall forwards in the sanfl. Will probably try to match his athleticism more than his height.

Classic Bassettball.

Aliir has to go to Lobb, McKenzie most likely to Naughton, I think they will play Jones on Ugle-Hagan as he has played on tall forwards in the sanfl. Will probably try to match his athleticism more than his height.

Classic Bassettball.
Theyve been playing Lobb quite high
Even on the wing

Think thats the Bergman/Jones match up

Allir to Naughton

McKenzie to JUH

"What did you like of what you saw of Sinn last week?"

"I think he's got power and speed that (you need to) play AFL football. Jones is the same. I think across the team now we'd be quite quick, and that's something we as a coaching group like, we like to have speed on the floor."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After last weeks final quarter fade out our sub really needs to be someone who can go in the middle and can get hand to ball at the centre bounce.

6-6-6 stops us getting numbers back and stopping momentum. We don't stop them in the middle then we just don't stop them.

"We've been pretty consistent that we'll base selection on performance."

Unless, of course, it's a ruckman.
They value speed on ground and having a ruck that can be an extra midfielder

Hayes shouldve left the club already cause the current regime dont rate his weaknesses at all

Was definitely responsible for Breust on a number of occasions where he kicked or set up goals.

He’s one of my absolute favourites but I was pretty disappointed in how he got torn to shreds last week
There's the answer I guess.

I'm disappointed he was dropped as we are a better side with him in it, but i like the ruthlessness now at our selection committee. Its been flipped on its head from the gold pass days, astounding.

Burton is a surprise even though he has been well below his best over the last month. What concerns me more is bringing in two players (Boak & Dixon) who have missed a fair chunk of footy who will struggle to run out the game. Big risk IMO.

FREE KICKS: Port Adelaide remains in negative territory with a -31 differential this season. The Western Bulldogs are most-favoured with free kicks with a +94 differential.

Hinkley expecting fierce Friday night battle

JOSH SINN: Riley Bonner will most probably take the tactical substitute role from Sinn who is in line for this third AFL game after a horror start with injury.

"He has not had an opportunity (by injury) and we have given Josh a great chance this year," Hinkley said. "Our conditioning team and medical staff have done a great job to get Josh to a spot where we think he has a clear run at it. He makes us potentially a much, much better team. He has power and speed. We like to have speed on the floor. But Josh has a long way to go."

I like Burton a lot, but it doesnt surprise me. He has had quite a few goals kicked on him recently.

I wouldnt have thought Sinn was a first 22 as yet either - maybe its just giviung Burton a kick up the bum and he plays as sub.
I like the idea of getting Sinn in though.

They have obviously identified him as someone with a high ceiling and know that if they can get him to it quicker he could be a difference maker at the end of the year vs someone like Bonner who is a known quantity.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the idea of getting Sinn in though.

They have obviously identified him as someone with a high ceiling and know that if they can get him to it quicker he could be a difference maker at the end of the year vs someone like Bonner who is a known quantity.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cant argue that point - it would be awesome for our list moving forward if Sinn comes in and ifind his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back