Preview Round 13 Changes & Pre-Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's fair enough, because we have never ever played anyone a little bit down on form.

Down on ******* form!!

He's been moved left right forward and ******* centre!!

The man is our best defender by a country mile and so skilled that we move him to forward if someone gets injured!!

What the actual *!!!

I am proper melting here!!!! PROPER MELTING!!

JOSH SINN: Riley Bonner will most probably take the tactical substitute role from Sinn who is in line for this third AFL game after a horror start with injury.

"He has not had an opportunity (by injury) and we have given Josh a great chance this year," Hinkley said. "Our conditioning team and medical staff have done a great job to get Josh to a spot where we think he has a clear run at it. He makes us potentially a much, much better team. He has power and speed. We like to have speed on the floor. But Josh has a long way to go."

Hinkley always has to throw in a downer. Did it with JHF too.

It's refreshing and I somewhat respect the calls being made on senior players. On the other hand I haven't thought Burton has been bad enough to warrant a dropping.. At the very least it will show the playing group no one is safe. Structurally, could have an impact for us this week though.

Yes good point, I didn't think of that. Unfortunately a player has to be dropped before they can be in as a sub.

Either way I don’t think he’ll play a full game anywhere this week. ‘Rest’ was probably the way to go given his injury history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down on ******* form!!

He's been moved left right forward and ******* centre!!

The man is our best defender by a country mile and so skilled that we move him to forward if someone gets injured!!

What the actual *!!!

I am proper melting here!!!! PROPER MELTING!!
Yeah, but… whattaya really think?

I have to assume Burton is being given a half off as a rest.
The line of "We just wanted to get some game time into Sinn" doesn't really add up. Despite what you think about Sinn his form doesn't stack up to a replace Burton level. If we're trying to win, we're surely picking Burton. If he isn't carrying something, then it is 100% us trying to be too cute with selection and I'm convinced when you start doing that it will backfire on us.

It's a bad statement selection that now has me thinking our chances have gone down.

Burton getting dropped on form, when it took till last week for Jonas to get dropped is batshit.

On one level I like the ruthlessness we're finally seeing from the coaches, but we're structurally screwing ourselves over to drop a guy who really hasn't been that bad. Indeed he was excellent till about 2 weeks ago.

Sinn and Burton completely different players.
Sinn was always staying in as he should we know he's a gun who will click at some point.

He will not play Burtons role. He is not a Burton replacement.

It's not Sinn vs Burton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back