Preview Changes & Pre-Match discussion for Showdown: Round 3, 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really anything groundbreaking is it.

Finlayson - was always coming in, that's not exactly a statement.
Clurey - next in line for a defender spot + it's an admission they completely ****ed selection last week. But again, not really a statement pick.
Boak - always coming back in
Bonner - another 'safe' pick

Could have gone Pasini over Clurey atleast. Jones staying in over literally anyone else is weird.

Lets be honest, no one is putting any pressure on at all so all the changes are just run of the mill Hinkley.
Yea spot on, these were the most expected, standard changes that should have happened last week.

The depth is thin and there haven’t been the opportunities to really stake a claim for an AFL spot. Not sure what people were expecting but these were pretty well straight forward.

Mitch has been struggling for a long time not just this season.
It’s like waiting waiting waiting for him to come good because you believe he’s good and it just doesn’t happen.
I think he needs to be dropped for more than just one match he needs to show something before returning.
Unfortunately Ken is a out one week back the next type.

People are harsh on Mitch. He’s the third tall target. He is a regular goal kicker and has missed many. Dropping him isn’t going to improve that. Why has his goal kicking deteriorated? ThTa the question. I’d rather Lycett out and Ruck Dixon and Finlayson, much more dynamic Rick and forward line.

I'm presuming that it's an admission by the coaches that it was the role they asked him to play that was the problem, not himself. Let's see what they do with him this week.
His role was to prevent Daicos getting the ball, he could not have done a worse job of that. He dropped crucial marking attempts and was his usual fumbly self at ground level. Two perfect examples were a dropped mark in the corridor when we were out and another 30 metres out directly in front of goal.

He is young and hopefully he can turn it around. He is getting lots of opportunities to prove himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orazio didnt set the world on fire but Jones seems to be getting a free run. If i had the choice between the 2 its Orazio for me at this current point in time.
Oratzio was timid last week Jones wasn’t. I’m glad Jones hasn’t been dropped, tough job last week with the media having a lot to say and none of it good, his confidence would have taken a big knock had he been dropped. Put him in defence let him do what he does well.

A
Pasini with one leg > Jonas with two. He’s also actually on the improve where as Jonas is bottoming out hard. The sooner we get Jake in, the better he will be as a player long term.
And then strip him of the captaincy and give it to Burton (whose suspension we should have contested forcefully).

How on earth would’ve either of hayes or pasini stopped Rankine anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They wouldn't. I meant these as 2 seperate points.

To clarify: These are the best changes Ken would realistically make. He's not going to change tact now and do something bolder like debut Pasini with an open spot for a tall defender - that's not his go. Clurey is a safer known quantity for Ken, but less interesting for supporters thinking about the team post-Ken.

Without Burton and with both Faz and Bonner as more attacking defenders, our backline looks more vulnerable than usual against smalls. Whereas normally we're more worried about decencies against talls.

I thought the first game Orazio and George were tracking the same, both a touch out of form and missing easy goals.

Mind you - this is the type of game Orazio could fire in isn’t it?

Looking forward to seeing the Prison Bars and would love to see every player wearing complete Blacked Out Boots.
Saw the All Blacks do it once and it looked awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back