Captains Round 24 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a bit tricky to finish the season off, as I would argue that 4 or 5 of the leading candidates (Bont, English, Laird, Dawson & Stewart) all play on Saturday night, damn it.

No problems with loops this week with Harry Madden's GWS playing last.

My 1st thought is English into Butters.

1692527839851.png

Last edited:

Unsure this week. English with a C again vs Geelong I think.

VC - Roma maybe. Sheezel with no Ziebell now? He hasn't scored well in Tas, but North will be trying to lose so lots of chipping it around at the back.

Sucks that we can't go Bont into Laird.

I have no idea of which one to pick?

I suspect that Bont will get tagged by O'Connor while Laird wont get any attention at all.

Bont wants that Brownlow though and will be playing at his best to get the Doggies into the finals.

Laird has gone 156, 145 and 136 in his last 3 against West Coast so you'd think an easy 130 + is on the cards.

Bonts record against Geelong the last 3 ain't that great with 113, 98 and 109. Having said that Geelong aren't that great atm.

I suspect that Bont will get tagged by O'Connor while Laird wont get any attention at all.

Bont wants that Brownlow though and will be playing at his best to get the Doggies into the finals.

Laird has gone 156, 145 and 136 in his last 3 against West Coast so you'd think an easy 130 + is on the cards.

Bonts record against Geelong the last 3 ain't that great with 113, 98 and 109. Having said that Geelong aren't that great atm.

we haven't beaten them at the cattery for 20 years - I'm thinking of putting the C on Stewart

then again you just smashed me in a prelim :drunk: - Laird into Trac perhaps

I have a bad feeling Laird maybe managed with his sore shoulder seeing as we can’t make it.

This is a pure guess though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the inclusion of Crouch hurt Lairds output since he came back in?

No Crouch when Laird went huge against West Coast last time so maybe Laird doesn't go huge this time and goes 120 at the most.

Am I clutching at straws? What does everyone else think?

This week is so vital in picking the right VC and C. I'm starting to lean towards Bomt as VC as he has the brownlow and finals to play for and Butters C as the safe csptains choice against Richmond who should be good for a 130 plus.

Marshall VC and Bont C combo I'm also considering.

Has the inclusion of Crouch hurt Lairds output since he came back in?

No Crouch when Laird went huge against West Coast last time so maybe Laird doesn't go huge this time and goes 120 at the most.

Am I clutching at straws? What does everyone else think?

This week is so vital in picking the right VC and C. I'm starting to lean towards Bomt as VC as he has the brownlow and finals to play for and Butters C as the safe csptains choice against Richmond who should be good for a 130 plus.

Marshall VC and Bont C combo I'm also considering.
I have the same players. Crouch has definitely hurt Laird. Does O'Connor go to Bont, will English finally have a good game against a short Geelong? Roma has not really performed against the Big O, top score of 115 I think. Butters/Rozee seem to take turns getting big scores. I'm thinking Bont/English into Green, but even then Cerra, Walsh, Kennedy back may hurt as well. Tough one this week.

Thoughts on who Macginess goes to this week? My opposition has Serong so be nice if he could accompany him for the game

Kenties I've come to the conclusion that Bont has to be VC.

You don't want a repeat of last week where he goes 160 + again and you don't have him as your VC or C.

The fact that Bont has the brownlow and a top 8 spot to play for I can see him playing even better then last week. Guys like Merrett and Laird have nothing to play for so I'm kinda weary putting the VC on them this week.

If you have Butters he's the perfect fallback safety net option just in case something goes wrong as he will go 130 + against Richmond.

Assuming that Geelong don’t name a recognised ruck again, then Timmy could break the all time scoring record.

English
Butters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back