Autopsy Round 3 Carlton v Geelong Post Mortem

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was his celebration :).
Would have loved for his debut to be against the filth and he kicked his first goal in front of the filth cheer squad...

I reckon that he would have done a Smurph and flipped off the whole cheer squad...

I'd chip in a buck for the fine :)

On that subject, I've heard Menzel performed well in the VFL on the weekend (4 goals). Any chance he'll get a senior call up? Would be terrific to get him to play at Subi on Sat.

As much as that would give me and many others happy pants, I highly doubt it.

He did kick 4 goals but the NB's pounded the opposition by 100+ points or something.

Having said that he did actually kick 4.3 or something, so he got plenty of chances which is still a good sign. I reckon they'll take it easy with him though.
Immense talent.

Classic performances by the pillars Walker and JUdd, pumped to see Buckley develop, kids got talent

As much as that would give me and many others happy pants, I highly doubt it.

He did kick 4 goals but the NB's pounded the opposition by 100+ points or something.

Having said that he did actually kick 4.3 or something, so he got plenty of chances which is still a good sign. I reckon they'll take it easy with him though.
Immense talent.

Fair enough. Still, if we are going to go over there top heavy seems like we are almost conceding the points to the Eagles. If that's the case, I'd prefer him to be playing as a sub as a one timer thing just to give him a taste. However, I'm assuming the club is going to be ultra conservative with him.

We shall see. I don't know how effective he was at 'recomposing' himself; most of his poorer involvements were after the OOF. But he did kick that goal from the exact same spot, so perhaps I am underselling his ability to lift himself after a sub-par game.

In the end, I hope you're right, but the mental aspects of elite sport - determination, confidence, ruthlessness, the ability to move on from a mistake immediately, whatever you want to call it - are VERY hard to teach/learn. They are intrinsic, and I just reckon Sugar became less inclined to back himself in to kick/handball/tackle effectively after that 2nd qtr moment.

I'm bumping myself in order to give Sugar a big pat on the back. Keep up the toil, realise you do have what it takes, and you will have a long and successful career in the best colour there is...:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back