VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

We lose tomorrow and we are officially in crisis.

No, if you lose tomorrow errr today, you officially get a new coach. Can't be a bad thing.

Cloke wasn't great, but was also starved of opportunity for three quarters. Was a bit of a waste out there after quarter time.

Let's hope we can get a good close match today guys!

Cloke wasn't great, but was also starved of opportunity for three quarters. Was a bit of a waste out there after quarter time.

The problem with not trying to get him involved in the game is now what do we do with him? He was dropped to "find form" or whatever. He did not do that. Recalling him after that will be a bigger joke than dropping him in the first place.

Not really sure what cloke was meant to do today. He was given no supply.

Personally i thought it was a horrible decision to drop him. He hasnt been playing well, but neither have any of our forwards. At least he takes the heat off moore.

He probably faced a tougher opponent today in grima than he wouldve got tomorrow in gwilt or hartley...with an ordinary team around him. Not sure how that is meant to build his confidence.

I personally just wouldve given him a week to get over the elbow injury and have a solid week of training

To me, the decision to drop him smacked of a decision based on making a statement to appease the circling media and impatient fans.

I wouldve backed him in.

What's done is done. Now we have an awkwars choice with what to do with him. Its hard to bring him in based on that performance, but if moore and cox do nothing then we have no choice.

Sorry mate love your posts normally but that post I can't agree with. He got the least disposals of anyone on the ground. At the very least that means there were 5 other Pies forwards of lesser talent also 'starved of opportunity' that got more.

That was a disgraceful effort - as i have stated previously he is emotionally shot - nothing can go wrong in his life without him dropping his bundle for that year. Grima is suburban footy fit because of the late call up to the bombers and he still couldn't get off him.

I don't think I have been more angry at a Pies player as I am of him. We need him and he is sooking whilst being handsomely paid. Instead of people having a crack at the club for dropping an under performing player how about we place his axing where it belongs -directly at his feet.

LOL according to stats Cloke was WOG.

nqG6n5v.png

F6W2Z73.png

Very Damming Stats for Cloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broomhead looked mentally checked out of the club. I dont blame him, comes out of contract at the end of the year.
I think he always looks like that. He's never looked like he has mentally checked in.

My main criticism of him is his inconsistency, from week to week and within games (he can go missing for large periods).

Broomhead looked mentally checked out of the club. I dont blame him, comes out of contract at the end of the year.
So Broomhead returns from injury last week in the VFL and has a BOG performance. That performance is not rewarded with selection by Buckley.

However, in the same breath Blair retains his place after 4 average games and Maynard is gifted a game after sub-standard performances all year.

Cue the following week's VFL match: Broomhead seems disinterested/disheartened in a thumping loss.

Hardly surprising.

Sorry mate love your posts normally but that post I can't agree with. He got the least disposals of anyone on the ground. At the very least that means there were 5 other Pies forwards of lesser talent also 'starved of opportunity' that got more.

That was a disgraceful effort - as i have stated previously he is emotionally shot - nothing can go wrong in his life without him dropping his bundle for that year. Grima is suburban footy fit because of the late call up to the bombers and he still couldn't get off him.

I don't think I have been more angry at a Pies player as I am of him. We need him and he is sooking whilst being handsomely paid. Instead of people having a crack at the club for dropping an under performing player how about we place his axing where it belongs -directly at his feet.

Yet Cloke kicked more goals than any other forward on our team.

You are better than that.

While I'm at it, Cloke played in a side that got flogged and bare got the ball forward and kicked two goals. Moore and Cox kicked 3 combined in a side that dominated the other team.

While I'm at it, Cloke played in a side that got flogged and bare got the ball forward and kicked two goals. Moore and Cox kicked 3 combined in a side that dominated the other team.

Really. We can argue till the cows come home about how they did it against better opposition, how they actually got more possessions and score assists, how he got the least disposals in a VFL game of footy including our other forwards etc etc

The actual discussion should be based on the fact that he didn't get dropped because of goals or lack off, but hard work, effort and confidence. To try and mount an argument on behalf of Cloke based on just goals from a 5 possession game in the VFL is not at your normal standard of posting.

I really want him to get back as he makes us a better team when he is on but that game on the weekend has no excuse. He was terrible.

Yet Cloke kicked more goals than any other forward on our team.
You do realize that one was a missed pass that somehow managed to roll through for a goal, right?

Not sure if you've actually ever paid attention to Broomy, but that's his bog standard look. Kicks a goal in the seniors and then looks like his Mum just died.

Not sure if you've actually ever paid attention to Broomy, but that's his bog standard look. Kicks a goal in the seniors and then looks like his Mum just died.
Whereas Sidebottom is the exact opposite. If Steele's Mum died, he'd probably still run around with a dopey looking smile on his face!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back