VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park (Pies lost 48-133, Cloke kicked 2 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Club bests;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-04-24/recap-vfl-magpie-beaten-by-bombers

Collingwood 3.0 3.3 4.5 7.8 (48)
Essendon
3.3 8.7 13.8 20.13 (133)

BEST
Collingwood:
Viola, White, Hellier, Crocker, Hore, Goodyear
Essendon: Polkinghorne, Crowley, McNiece, Ashby, Simpkin, Kommer

GOALS
Collingwood:
Cloke 2, Wills, Kelly, Close, Hellier, Moloney
Essendon: Crowley 4, Redman 3, Langford 3, Eades 2, McKernan 2, Simpkin 2, Merrett, Nyuon, Hams, Coghlan

Only 2 listed players got in, not counting Goodyear, didn't think much of his game today at all.

Says it all.

you mean the 30 year old players who aren't playing terribly? Cloke is finished, will never get 40 goals in a season again
Not under the Mick Buckley zoning game plan . Our side struggles to kick 10gosls a game under Buckley sack Moore and most other forwards

The good news is that Cloke's fifth year probably won't be triggered from here on in. $800K Saved!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would imagine that they have a few players currently playing seniors that would ordinarily be playing vfl if not for the 12 suspensions.
A few, but we've essentially swapped Ryan Crowley, Jono Simpkin, Sam Michael, Mark Jamar and Nathan Grima for Elliott Kavanagh, Nick O'Brien, Sam Tagliabue, Tayte Pears and Ariel Steinberg in the side. All have shown to be upgrades so far.

Not really sure what cloke was meant to do today. He was given no supply.

Personally i thought it was a horrible decision to drop him. He hasnt been playing well, but neither have any of our forwards. At least he takes the heat off moore.

He probably faced a tougher opponent today in grima than he wouldve got tomorrow in gwilt or hartley...with an ordinary team around him. Not sure how that is meant to build his confidence.

I personally just wouldve given him a week to get over the elbow injury and have a solid week of training

To me, the decision to drop him smacked of a decision based on making a statement to appease the circling media and impatient fans.

I wouldve backed him in.

What's done is done. Now we have an awkwars choice with what to do with him. Its hard to bring him in based on that performance, but if moore and cox do nothing then we have no choice.

Personally i thought it was a horrible decision to drop him. He hasnt been playing well, but neither have any of our forwards. At least he takes the heat off moore.

He probably faced a tougher opponent today in grima than he wouldve got tomorrow in gwilt or hartley...with an ordinary team around him. Not sure how that is meant to build his confidence.

I personally just wouldve given him a week to get over the elbow injury and have a solid week of training

To me, the decision to drop him smacked of a decision based on making a statement to appease the circling media and impatient fans.

I wouldve backed him in.

What's done is done. Now we have an awkwars choice with what to do with him. Its hard to bring him in based on that performance, but if moore and cox do nothing then we have no choice.

So Bucks Dropping Cloke is that he might be on his Last Chance?

I wouldve backed him in.

If the bolded is true, then we have a lot more to worry about than Cloke.

Why, do you think we are going to beat Carlton ?
Maybe not, but we are not the reigning minor premiers who are now zip-5 after being beaten at Subi by a side many predicted will win the spoon. Do you think we are worse off than Freo?

Maybe not, but we are not the reigning minor premiers who are now zip-5 after being beaten at Subi by a side many predicted will win the spoon. Do you think we are worse off than Freo?
No I don't. In fact watch our list's performance improve out of site once fresh coaching staff come in.
Five weeks in and look at the difference at Carlton, arguably the thinnest list in the AFL.

I wouldve backed him in.

Spot on in every way possible.

nqG6n5v.png

F6W2Z73.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back