Game Day Round 3 - Port vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s great odds! Unless there’s something about Melbourne only the bookies know.

No, it's just one of those 50-50 Port games at the Oval against teams that aren't crap. The bookies always set the odds around that mark under the false impression that we enjoy the home ground advantage that other teams do. Half the time they get it right, half the time they get it wrong. Tonight's game is a coin flip and the odds should reflect that.

That’s great odds! Unless there’s something about Melbourne only the bookies know.
If there is anything left about Melbourne that everyone doesn’t know, I want it caught and shot immediately

The odds are set by where the punters are placing their money. The majority of punters would see Ports as favourites to win tonight but they probably also believe that Hinkley is the best coach in AFL history.

They’ll put a lot of work into Butters after his performance against them last year.
realisitcally what can they do about his spread from the contest, particuallry when wines/rozee/drew feed him the ball after winning a contest, hes probs to fast for them. this is when butters does most of his damage, aswell as kicking insdie 50

Despite all the off field drama surrounding Melbourne, they’ve actually started their season really strongly.

This big challenge for us will be trying to at least break even in the midfield, which will be no easy task given that Petracca, Viney & Oliver are three of the best contested ball winners in the AFL. The absence of JHF will hurt us in this battle, so a lot will be left up to Wines, Drew & Butters to carry the load.

I feel Soldo is a good match up for Gawn, but Pickett & Fritsch concern me.

Melbourne by 7 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic night game.
We let our opponent get out to a lead in the first half.
We mount an unconvincing comeback in the third to bring the margin closer.
We do next to nothing in the fourth.

We lose.
great optimism

Melbourne to get out to an early lead of a few goals and hold it until about three quarter time. Port to mount a comeback in Q4 where we dominate the midfield, but Jake Lever takes a billion intercept marks. Port to get to within a goal, but lose by two goals after a late goal from Melbourne on the counterattack in the 29th minute. Ken to say "we'll learn from this" despite us having never learned anything from the last thousand times we've lost a game in the exact same manner. Me to not be watching because I have something better to do tonight.
You’re a real little ray of sunshine 😂

Stop talking up the opposition you absolute cuckold.

"Massive challenge"??

It's a massive challenge to play a team we finished ahead of last year, on our home deck, in March?

If that's a massive challenge, what's a prelim final?
I've posted elsewhere that Hinkley is the master of the pre-emptive excuse. Such a loser mentality.

There are four teams already with a 3-0 formline, and Geelong should join them this weekend. We can't afford to lose touch with the pacesetters even at this early stage. Home games today and next week will hopefully give us a bit of a springboard, our record in night games notwithstanding.

I think it'll be one of those 120-100 type games, hopefully with us to the better.

EDIT : It's actually three home games on the trot. We really do need to be making the most of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back