Review Round 4, 2018 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The crazy thing is that only half the team has turned over.
I seem to have PTSD from an Adelaide game. I have tried to repress the memory however once in a while I wake up with a fright and takes me a minute or two to realise it's 2022 and Fages is in charge. What year was the vs Adelaide game please?

I seem to have PTSD from an Adelaide game. I have tried to repress the memory however once in a while I wake up with a fright and takes me a minute or two to realise it's 2022 and Fages is in charge. What year was the vs Adelaide game please?
Was that the last year of Leppa - 2016?

I still have flashbacks from one specific game - AFL Tables - Richmond v Brisbane Lions - Sat, 12-Aug-2006 7:10 PM - Match Stats.

FTA games were very rare and there weren't streaming options available back then.

Watching them required staying up for an 11 pm start or thereabouts.

I still thought we were a competitive team with plenty of premiership players that year.

I had to turn it off at half time, already past midnight, because we were so putrid.

It was worse than our truly abysmal years because the expectations were still of an above average team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 12 - 2016

We face Fremantle, who have only just won their first game of the season the week before against Essendon's VFL side. We haven't had a win in 9 weeks since scraping past a typical Gold Coast side. We have a chance.

Scores are level at quarter time and we're playing some promising footy.

Fremantle kick 9 goals to our 1 in the second quarter and we lose by 83 points.

That's the one that haunts me.

Three of the players I voted for in this game are with other clubs now and one has retired...

I got the full set - the retiree and four players with other clubs.

I think being 1 minute away from a goalless 3 quarters is one of the most demoralising moments in AFL.

Agree.

Truly horrible game and the low water mark for me in our club history, certainly as the Brisbane lions. Nothing more depressing than the possibility of a goalless game.

Until that late third quarter goal, that possibility was looming large.

Cry GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

10 best 22 and 9 (minus Hippy) left playing for us on the weekend. When you really think about it that is quite the turnover to the best 22 in a four year period. It marks a considerable difference to our 01 and 04 grand final sides (albeit much more successful) where you had 19 players that played in both sides.

grin - well at least you know I wasn't lying when I said I hadn't looked up the team lists!
I only noticed when I did the count earlier and thought "oh that's odd" for him specifically. Was probably the year he injured himself.

Back