Game Day Round 5 Matchday Discussion - dedicated to Gutsroy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's shocking to hear....it's why I've avoided playing SC for so long. I only played this year because I am just completely cursed in AF and RDT and I wanted to try my luck in SC. But it seems that some things never change
All statistics have some form of bias.
There is usually a person taking down the data and we all have different ideas about how the data should be collated.
Any game based on statistics will be the same.
Dont complain about trends shifiting and changing.
Embrace them. Adjust your team accordingly.
I think Jake Lloyd is s**t footballer. But I pick him because I know hes a great supercoacher.

That's shocking to hear....it's why I've avoided playing SC for so long. I only played this year because I am just completely cursed in AF and RDT and I wanted to try my luck in SC. But it seems that some things never change

I only play this stupid game because of the banter and sh1ts'n'giggs with these mad kents on this here board - makes it well worth it.

That and the kents I work with want to play this format and they are terrible so I don't really care which game I beat them at ✌

I only play this stupid game because of the banter and sh1ts'n'giggs with these mad kents on this here board - makes it well worth it.

That and the kents I work with want to play this format and they are terrible so I don't really care which game I beat them at ✌
Im totally the same.
Love this board.
Easily the best board on BF.
I can talk to opposition supporters without all the adversarial BS.

There is usually a person taking down the data and we all have different ideas about how the data should be collated.
I think Jake Lloyd is sh*t footballer. But I pick him because I know hes a great supercoacher.

True. Taranto is one good example. The guy taking down these stats probably has the perceived bias that "he's a s**t kick".

While true, I saw him win a ton of great contested ball last week and get the ball going forward long to a 50/50 contest resulting in a neutral play or ball up that all counted as clangers. I own Jack Macrae and no way that is happening to him. Or Steele. Or Bont.

I guess it is what it is but it's frustrating to watch.

Im totally the same.
Love this board.
Norf are s**t lol

I think Jake Lloyd is sh*t footballer. But I pick him because I know hes a great supercoacher.
yep, compiling a nice list of the KOTD kents this year.

True. Taranto is one good example. The guy taking down these stats probably has the perceived bias that "he's a sh*t kick".

While true, I saw him win a ton of great contested ball last week and get the ball going forward long to a 50/50 contest resulting in a neutral play or ball up that all counted as clangers. I own Jack Macrae and no way that is happening to him. Or Steele. Or Bont.

I guess it is what it is but it's frustrating to watch.
Tarranto's problem is the length of his kicks.
20-30m dinky kicks.
What you need is Ziebell like 60m kicks.
Ziebell would be a worse kick than Tarranto.
But due to the length of the kicks he is ranked higher.

Im totally the same.
Love this board.

Quality memes, gifs and shitstirring.

Love youse kents
Norf are sh*t lol

I need to talk to this kent about LDU who is stinking up my M6 dammit...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are due.
No wooden spoons since 1984.
It sucks a bit. But everyone gets there turn.
We werent even around in 1984 and weve finished last then lost a GF and won a flag since.

Only way is up for you guys but it starts with drafting. Need to get good people in the club and the on field stuff will come.

you have given him a month.
trade.
hes still better than fudd.
View attachment 1103880

He was so effing good for the first quarter of the first round - I was like...

ItsHappening.gif

And then only BS scaling got him to a ton in that game - he was a fricken ghost after 1/4 time.

And since then, nowt.

I reckon you are right but I'm pretty stubborn about these types of kents - I will keep and complain bitterly I think

He was so effing good for the first quarter of the first round - I was like...

View attachment 1103881

And then only BS scaling got him to a ton in that game - he was a fricken ghost after 1/4 time.

And since then, nowt.

I reckon you are right but I'm pretty stubborn about these types of kents - I will keep and complain bitterly I think
I expect to roughie him back in tbh.
He will get it together at some stage this year.
Hes had some amazing almost moments in each match.
Bursting out of the CB and running too far is an example of this.

I expect to roughie him back in tbh.
He will get it together at some stage this year.
Hes had some amazing almost moments in each match.
Bursting out of the CB and running too far is an example of this.

Nearly broke my tv with the remote when this happened lol

We werent even around in 1984 and weve finished last then lost a GF and won a flag since.

Only way is up for you guys but it starts with drafting. Need to get good people in the club and the on field stuff will come.
In last years draft our first 3 picks were inside/outside mids.
I thought it was odd at the time. I can understand taking best available at 3 and 13 but to go again on Lazzaro was an odd decision.
But tbh now Im understanding it more.
Imagine Logan Mcdonald on zero games and Nick Larkey on 30 leading your attack.
He would be injured already.
We have never had inside/outside mids. Not since Anthony Stevens.
Getting them in now and next years draft is a great way to start.
Horne will be number 1 pick next year and we will grab him as well.
On a bright note though North has number 1 pick in the midseason draft.
Likely to be used on a kpf. They are also likely to play every game from drafting to the end of the year.

Last edited:
In last years draft our first 3 picks were inside/outside mids.
I thought it was odd at the time. I can understand taking best available at 3 and 13 but to go again on Lazzaro was an odd decision.
But tbh now Im understanding it more.
Imagine Logan Mcdonald on zero games and Nick Larkey on 30 leading your attack.
He would be injured already.
We have never had inside/outside mids. Not since Anthony Stevens.
Getting them in now and next years draft is a great way to start.
Horne will be number 1 pick next year and we will grab him.
On a bright note though North has number 1 pick in the midseason draft.
Likely to be used on a kpf. The are also likely to play every game from drafting to the end of the year.

I'm not trying to twist the knife here but I honestly think LDU's biggest problem is how sh1t the team around him is.

He isn't ready to carry kents on his back and drag them to victory yet.

If the team gets its act together a bit, Luke will soar I reckon.

I'm not talking wins, just more honourable losses.

Your mob is closer to success than mine is at the moment. We've still got room to fall before we realise how bad we are and start rebuilding

I'm not trying to twist the knife here but I honestly think LDU's biggest problem is how sh1t the team around him is.

He isn't ready to carry kents on his back and drag them to victory yet.

If the team gets its act together a bit, Luke will soar I reckon.

I'm not talking wins, just more honourable losses.

Your mob is closer to success than mine is at the moment. We've still got room to fall before we realise how bad we are and start rebuilding
I think your right.
Its hard to get an effective short kick when no one is capable of marking the ball up the ground.
And it works the other way also.
Coming out of defence with kicking supremo Ziebell doesn't equate to many uncontested touches for midfielders up the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back