Review Round 6, 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo's been the spiritual leader, like always. Have really liked Keays' game, a lot more midfield time for him and he's benefited, done a decent job on his opponent too. Squizzy's been lively, real good game from him.

NRobbo's worked very hard. Disposal's an issue but there's also been a lack of options and he's not the sort of player who can create them. Berry's really stepped up this week and benefitted from a few more midfield minutes. Very nice return from Cutler as well, playing like he should be not like he has been.

But that's not enough for our senior mids being down.

Yeah does look suss... My high school had a rugby league excellence program and they were all built like SPP when they were 16. It was widely known that they do steroid cycles when they just enter teenage years so by the time they get to 16 or so they stop taking... Right before the age where drug tests are routinely performed. I've heard that aussie rules players do that stuff as well but I have no proof only hearsay.

I have been listening to the ABC radio coverage and they commented that when lugga and SPS stand next to each other that SPS is amazingly advanced for two boys that came out of the same draft. Another commented that Berry is 7cm taller than SPS but SPS is 7kg heavier! Just saying........

Awful games from Stef, D Beams, Rocky and Zorko. Surprised we didn't lose by more considering how poor they were.

Really concerned about D Beams. Has to find ways to influence games when he can't win contested footy.

Close with 4 marks and 3 free kicks. Probably one of the better 4 quarter performances from our key forwards this season.

Horrible game but there were at least a couple of positives.
Ben Keayes played the best game of his career - looked very clean and composed tonight.
Berry had a good game, love how aggressive he is at the contest and his willingness to take anyone on.
Claye was very solid.
Squizzy was involved in everything

I guess we were all worried about the let down

Let down? The let down was losing by 5 goals last week. This was just a continuation of the non-competitive crap we dish out on a fortnightly basis.
We really need to stop walking away from 5 goal losses like we've had some major victory. An acceptance of mediocrity really has settled in.

Keays and Berry showed very positive signs in their roles.

Still very reliant on Andrews leading our back six.

Squizzy starting to play very consistently and in an important role.

Lester had a shocker.

Clugg looks lost.

Harzy is too dumb.

MRobbo was great. Decision making has regressed though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe I actually tipped us. What was I thinking?

Let down? The let down was losing by 5 goals last week. This was just a continuation of the non-competitive crap we dish out on a fortnightly basis.
We really need to stop walking away from 5 goal losses like we've had some major victory. An acceptance of mediocrity really has settled in.

We as in the fans or we as in the club? The club definitely doesn't see it as a major victory and the fans don't have much influence.

Ominous feel to last year sitting there tonight.

Remember we started last year ok to all things considered and we saw what a real embarrassing loss (Collingwood) did for us for the rest of the year.

It's just the same year on year. Go out there get belted because we are forced to play kids cause that's all we have. They get the ***** with the joint getting belted every week, we trade them out for the next shiny new draft pick. Rinse. Repeat.

The joys of supporting this club...

Our senior players bar Robbo (disregarding disposals) and Rich played some of the worst games of their careers. If they don't respond and get redemption next week I will be very, very disappointed and it would mean a very big step back.

Yes it was horrible, but how we respond next week is of the highest importance. It needs to be our line in the sand game.

In: Paparone, Matho
Out: Luggage, Lester.

The more things change(Hawks and Swans) the more they stay the same(Us).

Eh, I'm off it at the moment. We all know we are young and will have ups and downs but the game being over 10 minutes in is something we as Lions fans have gotten used to and it is getting old. Year after year we produce the rubbish we served up tonight. Last week we all felt like Fagan and Co. have us on the right track and fast forward one week and we looked like the side from 2016 again. It is disappointing and quite concerning that the coaching staff led by Fagan failed to get the boys up and about and raring to go pre game, at quarter time, half time and three quarter time. Fagan has his work cut out to rid this group of old habits but I'd really hoped we'd left performances like tonight in the past under Leppa.

Back