Autopsy Round 6, 2020: Fremantle v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Be funny to ask Jake why he goes forward.

Coaches instructions...or maybe in Jake's mind he thinks gees I can catch the ball better than most..I want to win the game and as we are losing no point wondering what might of been.

Hasnt worked as yet but there's a chance.

As players get tired big blokes don't get any shorter and skills drop off making the bomb into the 50 the lowest risk solution. Jake can mark it so it sort of makes sense.

Our issue is that no one marked much contested ball against Freo. With the short backline that Freo had shows us our lack of quality pack marking power and indicates the loss of Rooey and also hate to say it Juicy has impacted on this facet of our forward line.

Just have to wait for Winx to add some kgs and turn into Might and Power.

Go Saints
not sure why ? its fairly basic that the coaches job is to motivate the players to do the role they are tasked with .. if they are getting beaten by that then the coachs job is to make the moves to set them up to be successful ... on Saturday i didnt see any of that other than the old chestnut of chuck Jake forward ...
the other issue is for all the good work of the coach if the team isnt up to it then its just a bloke yelling at a brick wall .. every sucessful coach always has one common thing and thats a team who have the buy in on the message ... now im not in the club so i cant tell either way but the outcome of saturday in my opinion is either the message is flawed or the players didnt take on the message either way that lands on the coach

Sounds like Fyfe is going to miss a few now.

They got the win so maybe they'd say it was worth it but I'd be pretty frustrated if I was a Freo fan. Rushing back your best player in a year where you're going to come bottom six either way seems like a strange move.
I wish they hadn't rushed him back :)

As said prior to game ..pretty desperate move ...Bell trying to window dress it , played on one leg
2nd half more disappointing that our mentally weak players still couldn’t capitalise.
Helped win the game especially in the second quarter. Didn’t jones have the same break after a hammy?

Just our luck that Fyfe returned to play against us and will now miss a few weeks, his 2 goals up forward made the difference between them winning and losing.

That being said we still should have beaten Freo with Fyfe in their team especially when he wasn't 100% fit.

Sounds like Fyfe is going to miss a few now.

They got the win so maybe they'd say it was worth it but I'd be pretty frustrated if I was a Freo fan. Rushing back your best player in a year where you're going to come bottom six either way seems like a strange move.

Yeah you'd think it would have been more important for them to have Fyfe back for the Western Derby in front of 30k Freo fans than rush him back to play against us in a game on the Gold Coast in front of a handful of people. Strange to say the least.

As said prior to game ..pretty desperate move ...Bell trying to window dress it , played on one leg
2nd half more disappointing that our mentally weak players still couldn’t capitalise.

it's not like they've had this issue with fyfe before either. remember when he got that corky and continued to play it into hot spots then played that into stress fractures, then actually fractured the leg. then came back too early with the plate.

the lobb and ross lyon story is next level in terms of stupidity though. no surprise ross aint there anymore. talk about desperate!!!

it's not like they've had this issue with fyfe before either. remember when he got that corky and continued to play it into hot spots then played that into stress fractures, then actually fractured the leg. then came back too early with the plate.

the lobb and ross lyon story is next level in terms of stupidity though. no surprise ross aint there anymore. talk about desperate!!!
What yarn is the Lobb one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This loss has hung around like a bad smell.

When it's still stinging on Wednesday night you know it was a shocker.
Friday night and finally gotten over it enough to take a look at gears kick. A one handed attempt at the ball by the St Kilda player at the end of it was way way worse. Should not play this week as there was no "take your turn" on offer. That was the best thing about our 2004-2012 era players. We need that to change in this group.

The commentator was beyond exceedingly nice for saying "good tap on..."

Decent injury acquired late from their narrow win over Sydney at home.

Ruled out by the dr pretty early on. They overruled the dr on it. Played 1 week before getting pulled.
a little mayo on that story .....
Lobb hurt himself the Drs ruled him out early but saw the improvment over the week and said that the risk was still high and best option was to rest another week but technically the injury could be managed... Lyon worked on the basis if the docs say its ok he is ok and selected him .. of course the injury got worse and a lot of anger directed towards ross for that ....
BUT..
the doctor was NEVER over ruled ... no AFL doctor can be over ruled by the head coach its part of the AFLPA that in concerso over the player welfare the medical staff have the over riding say on if a player is fit to play or not ... now with the Freo situation the actual club doctor was in foavour of him not playing but the rest of the medical team (physio, sports science, injury managment) said he was ok but with a risk involved ... it was a stuff up that with hinesight was really obivious to happen but i can tell you that there a 100's of similar cases every season from every team that are the same but are not reported due to the initial injury not being disclosed or the player getting through unscaved ...

but its a good story to say Lyon had such control he over ruled a doctor to put broken player into the heat of battle ... even though it sorta go's againts the Ross Lyon stratigie of 100% from 100% , 100% of the time ...

a little mayo on that story .....
Lobb hurt himself the Drs ruled him out early but saw the improvment over the week and said that the risk was still high and best option was to rest another week but technically the injury could be managed... Lyon worked on the basis if the docs say its ok he is ok and selected him .. of course the injury got worse and a lot of anger directed towards ross for that ....
BUT..
the doctor was NEVER over ruled ... no AFL doctor can be over ruled by the head coach its part of the AFLPA that in concerso over the player welfare the medical staff have the over riding say on if a player is fit to play or not ... now with the Freo situation the actual club doctor was in foavour of him not playing but the rest of the medical team (physio, sports science, injury managment) said he was ok but with a risk involved ... it was a stuff up that with hinesight was really obivious to happen but i can tell you that there a 100's of similar cases every season from every team that are the same but are not reported due to the initial injury not being disclosed or the player getting through unscaved ...

but its a good story to say Lyon had such control he over ruled a doctor to put broken player into the heat of battle ... even though it sorta go's againts the Ross Lyon stratigie of 100% from 100% , 100% of the time ...
No mayo on it.

King will probably be a gun but so was Joe Daniher.
K5gnW1U.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back